S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found out from gm itself. The ZZ4.3 is a concept vehicle in the making. They said it is the beginning of a new era so to speak. They wont reveal any actual info to the public until they make their public announcement.:cuss:

·
Registered
56 Posts
s10chad said:
I have found out from gm itself. The ZZ4.3 is a concept vehicle in the making. They said it is the beginning of a new era so to speak. They wont reveal any actual info to the public until they make their public announcement.:cuss:
So they decided to tell just you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm...

no offense, but that zz4.3 is a neat idea, but it is little more than that. To me, if they truly do produce these, which dollars to donuts makes absolutely no sense-they will be ridculously priced, and there is just no true advantage to buying a v-6, when you will probably be able to buy the v-8 crate for not much more. I have a friend who is an experimental test mechanic, and he said thay haven't touched a 4.3 in over a year( I guess the zz4.3 was developed almost 3 years ago). While there are always these concepts and experimentals rolling around, I wouldn't get my hopes up...and of they do make them, like I said they will cost too much money...

·
Registered
224 Posts
oh yeah...

He did tell me a little about an all wheel drive envoy, as well as a new body style "hombre"(same as an s-10 I guess) with all wheel drive, both being tested and rolling around the streets of motown with turbo inlines-I guess kinda like a new wave syclone and typhoon? The envoy is pewter, and has 18 inch wheels, and he said he hasn't even seen the hombre yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm...

I doubt it. It's a nice thought, but I don't see them offering it. GM is all about money, and no offense but mini truckers(who are really the only ones that would want it) aren't going to shell out the bucks for a fancy 4.3. I talked with a couple of guys(mini and fullsize custom)about it, and they remarked things like"well what about motors like the 502, they started making those out of the blue". Well, GM being in it for the moolah saw the aftermarket performance potential, and the fact that it is a universal motor. Street rods, race cars, muscle cars, custom trucks and late models-even(and especially) towing and heavy duty applications-it is a broadband motor that is useful for a number of applications. Equalling profit. Like I said, I'm not knocking the idea, but it just isn't worth getting a ray of sunshine over- I just don't see it happening...

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Dont see the truck going into major production. However a limited number like the SyTy, I can see.

BUT I'm really not interested in the truck itself. I just want to see it as a Crate motor and 6 spd tranny and going into my S-10

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Dont see the truck going into major production. However a limited number like the SyTy, I can see.

BUT I'm really not interested in the truck itself. I just want to see it as a Crate motor and 6 spd tranny and going into my S-10
WORD!

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
After speaking to the general manager of my GM dealership here in new york, the 4.3 is not dead. On the showrrom floor it may be but not in the parts department or performance segment. From what he could find out, the zz is not dead. As far as finacially not making sense to put it into production? Over a million vehicles with that motor in it?. Even if 10 percent were from enthusiasts that still a 100,000 vehicles to sell performance parts for.... There is a release due in mid april that should contain more specific announcements so...Stay tuned..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well considering that Bill Mach (from Mach Performance Engines) has spoken with the SPO guys with GM and that they told him that they have completely dropped the project.... I don't see how it would be released. I don't think dealership guys know half as much as GM SPO techs.

Its not gonna be produced and would look further into other ways of boosting horsepower instead of dreaming about this thing for all eternity.

Also not 10% of 4.3 S10 owners would shell out $1000 (which was the projected cost and what ever labor charges for installation). I doubt 10% of the members on this board or any S10 board would pay $1000 for this performance mod. There is more reasons why it is not going to be produced, but they don't matter any more since it is a dead project.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
S-10..

You believe everything that GM tells ya.....They never swayed a story on anything......As far as the $1000 Goes for it...How many people have spent 300 on a HPPIII or 200 on a K&N for a 10 horsepower increase....If you think that there are not a lot of people who would buy it your in a cloud somewhere bud...no offense.. Also, I dont know where you heard a thousand dollars from being as the crate motor was to retail for between 4 and 4500.... As far as my managers info....He's the Owner also...Been that for 17 years too.........Lets wait and see what happens....Also, he told me that you can go to GM website and under contact gm send them as many emails as we can asking them to continue to produce them..........The camaro is dead right...Isnt that what GM said...Oh thats right its actually not.....But wait..GM doesnt lie lol

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
maybe it will maybe it won't, but until then, lets keep it alive just for something to dream about

·
Registered
96 Posts
s10 said:
Well considering that Bill Mach (from Mach Performance Engines) has spoken with the SPO guys with GM and that they told him that they have completely dropped the project.... I don't see how it would be released. I don't think dealership guys know half as much as GM SPO techs.

Its not gonna be produced and would look further into other ways of boosting horsepower instead of dreaming about this thing for all eternity.

Also not 10% of 4.3 S10 owners would shell out $1000 (which was the projected cost and what ever labor charges for installation). I doubt 10% of the members on this board or any S10 board would pay $1000 for this performance mod. There is more reasons why it is not going to be produced, but they don't matter any more since it is a dead project.
Thank you, Most of you have been reading numerous old posts. GM SPO has said themselves they have dropped this design, and we also said that we were trying to pick up the ball and come up with something ourselves. Be patient, as race season for us is right around the corner. Although this may not be an immediate project, it is in our future plans.

As for GM SPO, I have a close family member who works at GM SPO, and Bill Mach has contacts who have told us themselves.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
machjperf u guys have anyinfo on the turbo kit out yet, wasn't it released at autorama or something like that??? j/w my dad wants to get me that kit when it comes out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts