S-10 Forum banner

zz4.3 intake manifold

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  MightyMouseJ5 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I havent heard any good news about it lately. Sounds like they may get rid of it since there dropping the 4.3 soon.:cry: :cry:

#4 ·
i'm sure if there is enough demand, an aftermarket manufacturer might pick up on it soon.

if you think about it, almost every engine that ford, dodge, even the imports are multiport fuel injection. by that, i mean one injector per cylinder. the 4.3 vortec is the only engine left thats got the CSFI, one injector, six poppet nozzles. an aftermarket manufacturer has got to come up with someting.

#5 ·
im lucky i have seen one its looks cool and odd but any way isought it the nopi nationals . the sine said it had that the truck hitt 265 hourses i do have a pic but i have to see how it turn out . he was runing on the orig computer it had to be reprogram .

#7 ·
throttle body

any word on a better throttle body too? in my opinion the intake and throttle body keep our 4.3's from kickin ass like they should!
:evilg: i am curious to see this manifold. i want to know for sure if it is comming out though.:confused:

#8 ·
I believe...

joe_villa said:
if you think about it, almost every engine that ford, dodge, even the imports are multiport fuel injection. by that, i mean one injector per cylinder. the 4.3 vortec is the only engine left thats got the CSFI, one injector, six poppet nozzles. an aftermarket manufacturer has got to come up with someting.
you're half right, some aftermarket may produce the intake. I believe the one GM used was a hand fabed prototype and they have no plan to produce it.

The '92-95 CPI has one injector and six poppets but the newer CSFI has a bundle of injectors each with its own poppet. Hence the name "Central Sequential Fuel Injection". The key word is "Sequential", meaning they (six injectors) fire in order whereas in the CPI system the poppets fire at the same time from one injector. That is one reason the CPI fuel pressure must be so high. That gives the CSFI a very slight edge in efficiency and mpg.

#9 ·
thanks for clarifying that up.

so youre saying we have six injectors? i've always thought that a CSFI is like a CMFI (one injector six nozzles), but the nozzles sprays sequentially. the chilton manual does not really xplain much about the CSFI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.