S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I bought my 2002 S10 ZR5 crew cab a couple weeks ago for $750 knowing that it needs some fixing. I scanned the truck and got the P0300 Random misfire code and thought that it could be as easy as changing: wires, plugs, rotor, and cap. I bought the truck changed those things and had no luck... so I changed my distributor after I found a little shaft play and still nothing. I ended up changing my injectors and guess what still no change in the misfire. The truck runs really rough, shakes so bad.The battery is still in good condition and have tried using a different battery so thats not the issue. I thought that it could be my fuel pump because it runs barely runs without me giving it gas. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
The fuel pressure should be checked. 50-55 psi @idle. 60-61 psi @ wot

If your scanner can graph the O2 voltage check that you have. 9 volts @ wot under load. Less than that and you are not getting enough fuel to the engine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You could have multiple issues. But I would focus on the P0300 code for now and what can cause it. You can google up a generic list. But I would first check the other parts of the ignition/timing system, namely the ignition coil and ignition control module. Other than that, timing would be influenced by the cam and crank position sensors. But I imagine you would get a P code specific to them if they were bad.

Check and clean your egr while your at it. It's easy and inexpensive to clean and when it's stuck or blocked, these engines run like you're describing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
think lower intake manifold leaking vaccum maybe. Do a smoke test on it. Light up a cigar, take off air filter (should be step one doesnt matter), smoke up i mean as fast as possible and blow all into the intake watch for smoke to come out random areas around the Lower intake gaskets (left and right sides) might work idk but they make a machine for this as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright so I bought my 2002 S10 ZR5 crew cab a couple weeks ago for $750 knowing that it needs some fixing. I scanned the truck and got the P0300 Random misfire code and thought that it could be as easy as changing: wires, plugs, rotor, and cap. I bought the truck changed those things and had no luck... so I changed my distributor after I found a little shaft play and still nothing. I ended up changing my injectors and guess what still no change in the misfire. The truck runs really rough, shakes so bad.The battery is still in good condition and have tried using a different battery so thats not the issue. I thought that it could be my fuel pump because it runs barely runs without me giving it gas. Any help would be much appreciated!
Did you check all your sensors catalytic converter O2 sensors camshaft positioning sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts