S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Uhm.. trailmaster is real bad actually fortheir kit for blazers n such i was told.

The guy that owns a 4x4 shop out here which is REALLY big, was telling me that they ask you to cut out sum of ur A arm i think on the lower one, making a stress point. So i decided to go with the 6" superlift cuz of that !

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you have a Zr2, the 5" BDS kit is the best way to go.

It costs alittle more usually, but its MUCH stronger and easier to install than the 6" superlift.
Plus the 5" BDS kits have "no questions asked" part replacement if you do break something.

Go on zr2usa.com, everyone will tell you the same thing.

The 6" SL is basically for looks
The 5" BDS kit doesnt require any welding,(just cut and bolt on), and it's stronger.

Plenty of people on that site have broken 6" super lifts, but rarely broken 5" lifts.

Nearly everyone on that site has a lifted Zr2, so you'll get a better idea of what to buy and what not to buy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i thought the same thing..but most have body lifts i searched the pics and that is what most have...the ones i saw..
Hmm thats weird, I searched for BDS, and came up with plenty of threads of guys doin a lift project and most of them were the 5" BDS, although alot of them do have bodylifts too.

Im almost thinking about doing a BL on my truck also. Just a a quicker way to fit bigger tires in there.
Although nothing beats an actual suspension lift.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
Hmm thats weird, I searched for BDS, and came up with plenty of threads of guys doin a lift project and most of them were the 5" BDS, although alot of them do have bodylifts too.

Im almost thinking about doing a BL on my truck also. Just a a quicker way to fit bigger tires in there.
Although nothing beats an actual suspension lift.
yeah i at first was going to do a body lift..but when for suspension

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 11 of 11 Posts