B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Give us an update when it's done.

·
Registered
1995 S10 ZR2 Extended Cab
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: mechanic took all the parts and did the back for me. He ordered new wheel cylinders that he said required two people to force into place. Everything works now but I think one of my front brakes wasn't compressed all the way when I did them because it was smoking during the drive home. Gotta fix that and then my brakes should be good to go.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
As long as the calipers and pads fit over the rotor, they should self adjust....unless the wrong parts were used.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Is that to say I should just give it time or I have a bigger issue?
I don't know...I'm not there. If you feel the calipers have not been retracted enough...push them all the way in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Replace the calipers. They are 26 years old. Probably should do rotors and pads and bearings while you're at it and you can forget the brakes for a few years.

·
Registered
1995 S10 ZR2 Extended Cab
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Alright current status: went in to compress the caliper a little more to see if it would stop what I think is the pad dragging on the rotor. I forgot I put orange loctite and then had my dad tighten those as hard as he could. I stripped the first slide pin bolt so now I'm waiting on new ones they won't come until next week. If this doesn't work I'm definitely gonna look at new calipers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts