S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
92 4x4 rust bucket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a detailed description of the difference between the front and rear suspension of a zr2 s10 and a regular 4x4 s10. mines a 99 and i am thinking about goin to a junk yard and getting the parts off a zr2 thats there to switch mine over and lift it to zr2 height. if anyone knows the exact parts that are different please let me know...thanks

·
2001 S-10 Crew Cab
557 Posts
RPO ZR2 only full ladder-type frame with modified suspension mounting points which provide:

100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)

Three-inch suspension height increase

Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio

Larger wheel and axle bearings

31 x 10.5R-15 LT/C black wall off-road tires (BFG A/Ts on pickups and BFG Long Trails on BlaZeR2)

46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks

Rear axle track bar (pickups) / rear sway bar (BlaZeR2)

Wheel flares (black on S-10 pickups and BlaZeR2 / body-color on Sonoma pickups)

33mm (early model) / 28mm (late model) front anti-sway bar

Skid plates
Basically you will need the frame w/all suspension and axles. Oh, and if you want to run the flares you'll need at least the front fenders and rear quarter panels too. (they are different)

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i think he means the lip on the fender for the flares to connect to.

·
92 4x4 rust bucket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like too much work...might just have to find a good lift kit for cheap

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
SL or BL? a suspension lift is pretty expenvive and pretty complex, where as a body lift is basically sticking nylon blocks between the body and the mounts, to raise the body higher.

·
92 4x4 rust bucket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wanted a suspension lift...but i finally decided to just go with a body lift because it is too much work to find a good sl for cheap...and i really dont feel like working for 20 hours to install a sl... all i want to do is make room for my 31x11.50 super swampers now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts