S-10 Forum banner

ZR2 suspension

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MuddyS10 
#1 ·
Whats different between the suspension on a ZR2 and a normal S10? Are the parts swapable? Late!

SKeTchy

#2 ·
no theyre not. the ZR2 frame is wider, the suspension is set up differently - the front is wider, rear has different leaf packs, ect ect. theres no real way to convert a non-ZR2 to a ZR2 - its cheaper and esaier to buy a zert than make one

#3 ·
yup i agree. even the rear spring hangers are lower on a ZR2 to get more lift from the rear..so unless youre very good at frame work and that type stuff either buy a ZR2 or lift a regular S10 to whatever height you want. and just to be clear...the rear springs from a ZR2 will bolt to a regular S10 but thats about the only thing thats easy to swap.

#6 ·
yeah, i got under my old truck to clean it up a bit, and the leaf packs are exactly the same...i just hate how low the front leaf hangers are, cuz they always hit thinks when im offroading

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.