S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GM molded mudflaps are not even close to be able to mount them onto the fender flares. What are you guys using on the rear?

·
Game Pop. Control Agent
917 Posts
Mud

·
Game Pop. Control Agent
917 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you buy an offroad vehicle if you are affraid to get it dirty?

·
Air Assualt!
352 Posts
well for me its not that im afraid to get it dirty... im just broke and right now my truck is the only vehicle me and my wife have. so i cant afford to go out and play like i use to and risk breaking something. and some people i guess you can say "posers" like the looks of ZR2's and Highriders but dont use em for playin.

When I was 15 I wanted a ZR2 because I thought they looked cool and [email protected]$$ but now I know the capabilities of my truck and use my truck for work and huntin, fishin, haulin, and towin.

just my .02

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you buy an offroad vehicle if you are affraid to get it dirty?
Probably to prevent the paint from getting blasted off and rust.

·
Game Pop. Control Agent
917 Posts
well for me its not that im afraid to get it dirty... im just broke and right now my truck is the only vehicle me and my wife have. so i cant afford to go out and play like i use to and risk breaking something. and some people i guess you can say "posers" like the looks of ZR2's and Highriders but dont use em for playin.

When I was 15 I wanted a ZR2 because I thought they looked cool and [email protected]$$ but now I know the capabilities of my truck and use my truck for work and huntin, fishin, haulin, and towin.

just my .02
Im like you. Im a teacher, my wife is a teacher, and we just had our first child in Aug. so I dont have the money to fix stuff that breaks when playing, so I dont play in my truck. But, I do use it offroad, and she does get dirty. Theres lots of other reasons to buy an ORV other than as a toy. I just dont get the whole "keeep it clean" madness. Mud Happens.

Probably to prevent the paint from getting blasted off and rust.
I can see that I guess. Us southern guys take our salt free winters for granted. The only guys that see salt down here live on the coast, and no amount of mud flaps will stop that rust. Other than salted roads, I still dont see why people put mud flaps on 4x4s. But hey, Who am I to say what someone else can put on their rig. I guess I just like to give people greif. :haha:

·
Air Assualt!
352 Posts
I use my truck off road too. I was just sayin I dont go and just play in the mud. I use my truck for haulin at work and around the house and for huntin and fishin. I use my truck for what trucks are meant to be used for. I like my truck clean but if it gets dirty ehhh so what it gets dirty... I wash my truck maybe once every 2 weeks and detail it about twice a year also or for special occasions. I work construction so half the time its not even worth my time or effort to wash it cause it just gets dirty again in 2 days. but I normally only wash it on fridays or when I have a 3 day weekend.

I dont really see points in mudflaps I had some autozone bought ones on my truck but they flew off drivin down I-40... They keep from rocks bein slung up on my rocker panels but other than that useless. just one more thing to worry about.

but chevynuts check out synergyoffroad they have mudflaps for zr2's on there. and i believe they are made just for the zr2's

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,378 Posts
I take particular pride in the looks of my vehicles. The wife has a Blazer2 and the most time it sees off road is when it gets washed on the grass. It is very time consuming to get all of the road tar off of the side of it so I'm looking at ZR2 specific mudflaps also. For you guys that like to beat the tar out of your vehicles then bitch about them breaking..more power to you..:p

·
that guy
167 Posts
did any one think of maybe not wanting to sling rocks on car behind you going down the road

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
kinda wish my Z had some... my doors have rock chips all the way up to the windows from the front wheels throwing crap up, and my truck bed behind the fender is bare metal from being blasted so badly.

some states require mudflaps for 4x4s for the reason mentioned above.
I know my step-brother was pulled over in CA and given a ticket because his truck didn't have mud flaps.

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
some states require mudflaps for 4x4s for the reason mentioned above.
I know my step-brother was pulled over in CA and given a ticket because his truck didn't have mud flaps.

Wait, do only 4x4's require mudflaps? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've heard since any rear wheel drive vehicle is likely to throw up rocks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,378 Posts
Wait, do only 4x4's require mudflaps? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've heard since any rear wheel drive vehicle is likely to throw up rocks.
In Washington, mudflaps are required if the bodyline is above the midpoint of the wheel. Usually not a focus item unless you're being stupid or have a bunch of glaring violations. We bought a lifted Z71 from my ex bro-in-law that had a history of DUI. Wife got pulled over and warned about the flaps...or lack of. Trooper was a little surprised it wasn't him. Never did get flaps for it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts