S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought so ZQ8s for my first gen and am wondering if I will have any problems with them pitting from road salt? I would not think so but I wanted to make sure before I ruin a brand new set of rims:bawl2:

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
mine arnt.. and they're original 98 wheelz..

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
The only problems will be if the clear coat is broken. My LS wheels corroded around the wheel weights because they cracked the clear coat where they were pounded on. It happens to any vehicle with aluminum wheels and pound on weights. But where you are at I would not worry. Winters here are a lot more harsh (it's been over a month now with salted roads, that's what kills vehicles/wheels).

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
I always tell them to static balance my wheels when getting tires mounted.That means the weights are only on the inside of the rim and not the outside.+I don't drive it in the winter,that helps too.:D

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Ha, I just had my winter tires put on and had them statically balance them as well. The owner of the shop pulled me off the the corner and lectured me all about how static balance sucks and is horrible and all that jazz. My last like 4 sets of tires have been statically balanced. Only vibe problems are from that one bent wheel. Considering my BFG's lasted about 45,000 miles with just static balance I would have to say it works for me.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
yeah it is a good idea..that way you don't see the weights...makes for a cleaner look in my opinion..

·
without the 20's...
504 Posts
zq8jeff said:
I always tell them to static balance my wheels when getting tires mounted.That means the weights are only on the inside of the rim and not the outside.+I don't drive it in the winter,that helps too.:D
never knew about that man. thanks in advance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts