S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having trouble deciding on what style of rims to get for my s10. I have a 2001 ext. cab 2wd LS with the regular stock rims and I'm looking for something a little better, but want to stay within the GM brand, either the Xtreme wheels or the zq8's. What do you guys suggest is a better looking rim?

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
The new polished Extreme wheels aren't bad, but the 03 ZQ8 wheels can't be beat in my opinion, and the price is right for the entire kit.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Any style ZQ8. I dont like the newer style Xtreme wheels, the center caps look ugly to me.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
i don't know what year they are but they are newer and real thin 5 spoke factories. I think they are the best looking factory s-10 wheels. somebody has to know or have a picture.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
I have a set of 2001 Xtreme rims for sale. I am asking 250 plus whatever shipping is (firm). They all have no curb rash and all the wheels are true as they were on my xtreme less than a month ago. They just have just very minor scratches (not much)from 2 years of driving around. I am going to try to get some pics by the end of the week. If you are interested drop me a private message as I probably will not see this thread again. Thanks...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Get these, they are the new style zq8s'

Full view of my truck in its stock glory!

Its a @#$%& keeping this thing clean during PA winters...

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
DUSlider said:
Get these, they are the new style zq8s'

Don't mind if i do! Getting a set this friday, trading straight up for my 17s. Need something with a little more sidewall for daily driving. Very nice wheels :thumbup: Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dam, I'm on the fence for this too. I had the newer ZQ8 wheels all powder coated in white.

Then some hit-n-run totaled the truck.

I did end up buying another white truck ('98 S10) and can either go back to the ZQ8 wheels or I was thinking about the Xtreme wheels center portion would be black and lip would be white to emphasize the deep lip.

Any thoughts?

This is the effect that I was thinking of for the Xtreme wheels:

·
Hated Everywhere
142 Posts
Newer zq8's!!!! There the shit! I can get the older zq8's for $150 a set But I'm not to fo d of them as I have never seen a set painted/powdercoated that really catches my eye... Deffinitly go with the newer ones they look alot cleaner...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts