S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
it's a factory option package that you can get for s10's and sonoma's. it comes with these:

lowered coil springs
lowered leaf springs
rear swaybar
16x8 aluminum rims
255/55/r16 goodyear banana skins
stiffer frame...dont qoute me on this one.
and a close ratio steering

just correct me if i'm wrong guys.

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
Z Q 8 .History and InFo...............!

ZQ8 History

The prototype of the ZQ8 was first seen on an older S-truck and was code-named "Zeke" ·

The ZQ8 was designed in 1991 ·

The ZQ8 was first put on a production vehicle in 1996. ·

It is now marketed as the Sport Suspension Package and comes with P235/55/R16 tires, 16" aluminum wheels, ·

It comes standard on the S10 with the 1994-1998 SS and on the 1999-2001 S10 Xtremes·

The ZQ8 option on a new truck costs $703 (invoice is $604.58) ·

With the 94 to 98 SS package, the ZQ8 cost $455 as an option. With the New Xtreme the ZQ8 option costs $459· :thumbup:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i'm not too sure about this but, did the zq8 come with a stiffer frame than a regular s10, or is it exactly the same frame?

and does the zq8 come with a thicker front swaybar?

thanks.

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
Z Q 8....................!

No I dont beleive a ZQ8 had a different frame.........!
I remember in magazine article they were gonna ad the ZQ8 Componets to a NON ZQ8 truck...!
The ZQ8 was just a specific set of componets
No Special frame included............!
:thumbup:

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Re: Z Q 8....................!

00 Blk-Xtreme said:
No I dont beleive a ZQ8 had a different frame.........!
I remember in magazine article they were gonna ad the ZQ8 Componets to a NON ZQ8 truck...!
The ZQ8 was just a specific set of componets
No Special frame included............!
:thumbup:
Hmm, I reada few places where it has a stiffer frame. THey never went into details.

·
Registered
201 Posts
joe_villa said:
255/55/r16 goodyear banana skins

just correct me if i'm wrong guys.
Actually they are 235/55/r16 Goodyear Eagle GAs.
They suck A$$.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the opportunity of getting a 98's SS ZQ8 Suspension....everything. Please make me an offer - Email me.

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Re: Z Q 8 .History and InFo...............!

00 Blk-Xtreme said:
ZQ8 History

With the 94 to 98 SS package, the ZQ8 cost $455 as an option. With the New Xtreme the ZQ8 option costs $459· :thumbup:
Are you sure? I thought the ZQ8 package was part of the Xtreme package.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
the zq8 is a part of the xtreme package. you cant get an xtreme with the regular hieght.

:)

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
joe_villa said:
i'm not too sure about this but, did the zq8 come with a stiffer frame than a regular s10, or is it exactly the same frame?

and does the zq8 come with a thicker front swaybar?

thanks.
yes the front sway bar on zq8 equiped trucks is bigger its 33mm in the front and 22mm in the rear.

frames are the same on all.

·
Passwordistaco
5,864 Posts
Re: Z Q 8 ..................!

The ZQ8 suspension was available on The 94 to 98 S10-SS's..........!
Actually no, 94 and 95 SS's were stock ride height it wasnt until 96-98 that the SS was lowered, im pretty sure correct me if im wrong but thats what my info says

·
Passwordistaco
5,864 Posts
I bet in the last 6 years since he posted that, he's figured it out....or doesn't give a shit.
Wow damn what about newer guys that dont know any better, they see this and take it as truth when really its wrong, givin out wrong information is not ok beside what harm does it do to bring up an old thread if there is wrong information in it damn

·
Love God...Love People
78 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 97 2wd standard cab not lowered. I'm looking at getting a set of replica ZQ8 Wheels from a caompany called "Wheels and Caps". They sell them on e-Bay without the center caps and they also have a regular web site www.wheelsandcaps.com.

What I was need to know is this. Has anyone ever heard of these guys and are they ok? They said that the Wheels were manufactured in China and meet all GM and DOT standards. They said that they have not had any customer or quality issues with these wheels. My second question is will these fit my stock supension with a set of 255/65 r16 tires or will I have to go with a 255/55 r16?

Thanks,
M

1 - 20 of 26 Posts