S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay ive been to 2 dealerships about the bouncy ride that has developed on my s-10...i also went to a tires plus to have the rear inspected n they said the rear drums drag/grab when its in gear...well both dealerships i have been to say its either the ZQ8 suspension or the tires and all claim they find nothing wrong and dont feel bouncing and shit...well i know it bounces and i think this dealer somehow messed up the balance on the rear tires bc now it vibrates from like 50mph +....i just wanna know if any of you with Zq8 and stock rims with 245 or 255 tires have any bounce issues..i usually ffeel it around 30-40mph and alot when braking

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have yuo checked tire pressure. Overinflation can make it bouncy. It could also just be the make up of the tire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My truck does the exact same thing?? It is not a Zq-8 but i did go to wider than stock tires, and also noticed the strong bounciness (that it did not used to have) especially when braking. It does not feel like warped brakes, it just bounces a lot when you are slowing down. I think the front end goes down, the rear is unloaded more than normal (with no weight in the bed) and you reach practically the top of the rear suspension and it just bounces a lot at that point. I am thinking of replacing all 4 shocks to help the front end dive during braking and to dampen response at the rear. Have you found anything that helps (besides weight in the rear) because I know my truck did not used to drive like this, and I have balanced the tires 3 times.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
youd make a great archaeologist....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts