S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the VIN code to tell if your truck came from the factory with the ZQ8 package?:confused: or is there another way to tell?

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deton8r said:
Check the RPO codes in the glove box. Look for 'ZQ8'.
well ill be a monkey's uncle..... it said ZQ8 on there!:confused: :drinkhaha :D i have got 3 inch drop spings and 3 inch blocks, what is the total drop that i have?:confused:
thanks again dude!:drinkhaha

·
Registered
206 Posts
With the 3" drop springs it will sit about 1-1/2" lower in the front and 3" lower in the back for a total drop of about 3.5"/5".

The front ZQ8 springs are really about 1.5" drop springs and the other .5" comes from the lower profile tires.

Should look pretty good with that drop.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks!

i do have one big (in my mind) problem that i have just noticed, my passenger front side sits exactly (and i mean right on) one inch higher than the drivers side!?!?:confused: can you think of any reason for this? i dont have a clue.:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's typical on the S-10s. I installed Hotchkis springs on mine and it sits only 1/4-3/8" higher on the passenger side now. It used to be around 1". It becomes more noticeable after you lower it.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i can stop freakin out thinking mychassis is tweeked?:(

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats up with GM?

any reason why GM would do something like that:rolleyes: ? does it do that no matter how you lower it (ie, springs, spindles, A arms)? hmmm..... guess ill just live with it till im bagged!:evilg: :drinkhaha

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I believe that most of the problem is the gas tank. The other part is that the drivers side is used much more, so the suspension settles differently. Of course, I could be full of it, but thats what Ive heard. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts