S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 99 s10 im bagging im putting a set of the newer zq8 wheels on it & only want to cut out the tops of the fender wells out cuz its my daily, i was thinking of running 225/50/16s up front & 245/50/16s out back.... anyone got pics of this or know if this would be my best option?????? thanks

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
the biggest tire ya wanna run even with the tops of the fender wells cut out is gonna be something 24.5" tall. That will keep the tires just far enough away from the firewall to clear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a friend of mine has 225/40/18s on his 98 (bagged), i looked at a tire height chart & they said it was 25.09" tall the 225/50/16s are 24.86 & the 205/60/15s that were on my other bagged truck layed out without fenderwells & dident hit the firewall & the chart says there 24.69" tall.... could i just barley squeeze by with a 24.86" tall tire if i did a little extra cutting of the top of the fenderwell?

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
yeah you can squeeze a 25" tire in there.. most likely its going to just touch the firewall on the driverside when ya layout. Passenger side, your gonna have to modify the heater blower box to clear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah you can squeeze a 25" tire in there.. most likely its going to just touch the firewall on the driverside when ya layout. Passenger side, your gonna have to modify the heater blower box to clear.
i can handle doing that ... but all in all do you think 225/50s & 245/50s out back would fill in the fender wells nice & not look like im running rubberband tires?
is that the size you would go with? & thanks for the help man

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
naa, dont think they would look bad at all. those 245 50 16's are actually pretty close to same height as the stock ZQ8 tire size of 235 55 16 anyways.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your help man, im just haveing trouble decideing, dont want to buy a few hundred dollars worth of tires that wont fit & look good... atleast i got my zq8s dirt cheap so buying some good tires for them dosent seam so bad :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks man!! i was not to shure how a 215 would look on a 16x8, & btw your blazer looks so damn good! makes me want a 2door blazer
thanks for the pics

·
This is doo doo baby!
10,359 Posts
not really
my trucks are daily drivers so I like being able to rotate the tires especially since the camber really wears them down, plus a wider tire on the blazer would rub the bags so im kinda limited to a skinnier tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts