S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a zq8 sway bar for the rear. i need the brackets where the end links bolt to the frame (and yes i did search, just didnt find any results). I tried s10warehouse, he said he wouldnt sell just the brackets, id have to buy a whole sway bar, which doesnt do me any good. does anyone know where i might be able to find this part? or if anyone has good fabrication skills and wants to make a batch up, id pay them for their troubles (depending on your price haha). any help is appreciated guys

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got the same problem here in quebec...

Nothing on ebay, nothing at GM dealer...damn lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have been calling a few places, but no luck, i need the brackets is the only thing and finding a zq8 in a junkyard is ridiculously hard. if you know of one id pay for shipping if you just felt a strong need to get em for me ;] haha

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the same problem here in quebec...

Nothing on ebay, nothing at GM dealer...damn lol
had the guy who sold me the sway bar look it up at the dealership he works at....he can get the right side bracket, but the left side is discontinued(????) pretty ridiculous. some guy had posted a website somewhere on here where you could get them, but your order would be cancelled if you didnt enter your vin number...dont know how i like the sound of that haha. the search continues

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
all i got to say is good luck finding them. looked in the internet for days and nothin. so i jut bit the bullet and bought a hellwig. the frame mounts are alot easier than the zq8s

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found a right side bracket online, im wondering (cant tell myself because there are no pictures) if i bought that if i could have a shop "mirror" it and make the left side bracket. once i get that and my end links its going on, just stuck here right now

·
Compliance!
5,151 Posts
LMC maybe? i have the mag here and they have the front sway bar brackets for 1st gens, no clue if they would work for 2nd gen (bushings/bracket/bolt @ approx. $18). may wanna look into it

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i looked it up on there but they dont seem to have them...and im looking for the rear ones, they just seem to be pretty rare and hard to get people to sell haha. thanks for the help though i might give them another looking at

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a metal shop might be able to do it. idk how much though

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'll call the couple of yards I deal with locally and see what I can find for you. Might get me a couple of ebay items to sell along the way. Will let you know.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well im about to go home for the weekend so all progress will stop. i think i might buy the one and talk to a few places around nashville to see what they could do at the beginning of next week

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have been looking for rear swaybar brackets for 2-3 months now. I can't believe I never thought about using piece of channel steel to make the bracket! Thanks for the picture!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I Called LKQ and got everything but the frame bracket for $55.00

1 - 17 of 17 Posts