S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot on here about people with ZQ8 s-10s. Is this truck the same as the SS, but you are calling it a different name? Just curious, cause I've seen the SS's...and Xtremes...but never a ZQ8. Can some one enlighten me on this?

·
Drivin' 2 Noma's
4,274 Posts
The ZQ8's have the same suspension package as the Xtreme's less the ground effects. The SS's I believe have the same suspension for the most part but some or all of them have the high output V6 with 10 extra horses.

·
Registered
85 Posts
zq8 is a suspension package the xtremes the newer ss's have the same zq8 we all know the older ss have a zq8 suspension it jsut isnt lower. some truck just come with zq8.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH....ok....thanks. Now that I think about it...I believe I've seen a few of those around. Don't they have different wheels?

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Yeah and almost EVERYBODY wants ZQ8 wheels for some reason.. dunno why...

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
guilty
I'm looking for ZQ8 wheels right now.
anybody got some cheap?! PM me! lol

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
I got mine because it's got the suspesion i want and the ground effect that i don't. don't get me wrong extremes are nice and every thing but ground effect=weight and plus no mater how carfully you are theirs step exits and entrances curbs parking blocks and hell even other cars... and some ZQ8's do come with the HO motor they stoped making the modles different and sold them in the same package i have the vin W in mine and i could tell the difference in others that i test drove

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,240 Posts
2.2needsanewdo said:
zq8 is a suspension package the xtremes the newer ss's have the same zq8 we all know the older ss have a zq8 suspension it jsut isnt lower. some truck just come with zq8.

ZQ8's all have the lower suspension...My older SS (96) is lower...I believe the first year SS (95) was not lower

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Actually, I think 94 was the first year. I thought the first two years were not lowered but had bigger sway bars & such. I have heard from many SS owners that state that they have an extra 10 HP, but I have never seen anything confirming this, such as a factory window sticker or Car & driver issue, etc. Not to say it isnt fact, I am just saying I have only heard it from S-sites. Really a ZQ8 is the same truck, unless you look at the glove box....but no one does. The reason everyone wants the ZQ8 wheels is they look so better than the weak xtreme wheels. The xtreme wheel are 16 inch at the lip but then taper, which makes them look like 14" wheels to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
94 was the first year and it had like 195 horse and so did the 95 year ss then they droped down to 180 i think only the 4x4s have the 190 hp motor that could be wrong. personlay i like how the 94 and 95 motors look. would love to pick up a 94 or 5 s10 ss and play with it.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
94-95 had a different type of motor...195hp CPI. 96+ has either the 175/180/190hp CPSI. I think 2000+ is when the 175 version was dropped, all 2wd pick-ups had the 180 version. All 4wd pick-ups and all SUV's had the 190 version. Difference between the 180 and 190 is a larger Y-pipe that the 4x4's and Blazer/jimmy's had room to clear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts