S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZQ8 Rims on an Xtreme?

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  2LW2TW 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a set of 2002 ZQ8 rims off of someome and was wondering if there would be any problem with putting them on my 2001 Xtreme. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on them so I told him I would take them without asking first. I thought I heard somewhere that the hub might need to be filed out or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

#2 ·
kjc9781 said:
Hello,

I just bought a set of 2002 ZQ8 rims off of someome and was wondering if there would be any problem with putting them on my 2001 Xtreme. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on them so I told him I would take them without asking first. I thought I heard somewhere that the hub might need to be filed out or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!
I wouldn't think you'd need to do anything. As far as I knew the ZQ8 rims were the same size as the Xtreme rims. (16x8).

#9 ·
IndigoblueXtreme said:
oo ok gotcha....yeah its the same, the hub size changed in 98......so all 98+ is the same
Im' guessing the hub size got smaller. That would explain why a new set of ZQ8 rims wouldn't fit my 96SS...The things GM doesn't tell ya...

#10 ·
When I get those ZQ8 rims on there, my 2001 Xtreme rims will be on sale without tires...believe me they are not worth shipping. The wheels are in great condition as they are only two years old with no curb rash or scratches. If anyone knows anyone who wants them, tell them to PM me and we will work on something by next week...Thanks...

#14 ·
casey said:
A ZQ8 S10 IS THE SAME AS A XTREME

:bash: ....No...it's not...it is a suspension package that includes wheels, springs, sway bars, shocks, steering box, and probably some things I have forgotten. At one time Chevrolet offered the entire package over the parts counter.

#16 ·
geez..i didnt mean for this to become some war about exactly what an xtreme is...i just didnt know if the hub size changed...sorry guys for the whole "an xtreme is way better than a zq8" discussion that is going on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.