S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm trying to get a Blazer / ZQ8 rear swaybar mounted in my 88 & am running into bar/shock interferance problems. Anyone know about different shock mounts ?? or something else I'm missing that is messin with my fun? I got the part ##s for the frame mounts, it's the shocks that seem to be in the way.
HELP!

·
Registered
76 Posts
the blazer rear sway bar has a different upper end link than the truck. i bought some from gm parts direct for like $15.00 each
they are a lot shorter than the blazer upper end links
gm part # is 15989670 unique from zq8 truck not from blazer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets see ... R. 15989672
L. 15989671
Check this out with the dealer though, It seems there are some different bars & mounts. I think mine is blazer 2 door & might be different some how. seems to be bent a little diff. & the end link holes are flat, not up side ways. looks like a front S. bar, kinda.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just found the info on the other thread.Thanks.
I pulled mine off a ZQ8 in a junk yard,didn't realize there was another bracket until,I finally looked at mounting it.Now I've got to figure out how to mount it on a Ford 9" w/backbrace.The stock rearend mounts where nothing more then muffler clamps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am doing just that right now. Just scrapp the U bolts , trim the clamp out a little to fit the 9" & weld on. O yea! I took 1/2 by 1&1/2 bolts, nutted them to the clamp & welded the head to the inside of the clamp. take the nuts off & then! weld them on.
I got a cool pic of a 9 installed with the bar, Hmmm,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I got those from ya & that bar is way diff from mine. ??? Crapp! I wonder what this thing is? It's out of a Blazer. The Cool pick I got of the 9" installed with bar looks the same, same bar as you .. you Dog! Ha! Well, ...... decision time I guess. Looks like I need to get the right bar. POOP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts