S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys

I haven't found anything on my question

I have a set of xtream/ZQ8 rear leafs. i was wondering what size blocks i need to get my goal of 4 inches in the rear. Im running the belltech spindles and a DJM 1 inch spring in the front.

also anyone wanna recommend some shocks?

39,932 Posts
The leafs provide 1.5" or drop so you could run either a 3" block for a 4.5" drop, or a 2" block for 3.5" of drop. Unless you want to contact member hi_im_sean. He can make any size block. JTR also sells 1/2 blocks if you want exactly 4" of drop with blocks and zq8 leafs. I always recommend Belltech Street Performance shocks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to worry about any angled shims or anything? I have a 5 speed if that matters I also got some bell tech 2 inch spindles, I'm trying to figure out if I wanna go 3/3.5 3/4 4/4

39,932 Posts
Is this a single cab? If so the only way to accurately dial in the pinion angle would to be to drop it with straight blocks, measure the pinion angle at ride height and then add shims accordingly. Or, JTR recommends 4 degree shims so you could just start there.
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_S10-DrvshftKit-Short.html
personally I'd either run that kit with 4* shims, straight blocks, and set back plates. Or just angled blocks and set backs. Maybe some standard cab guys will chime in as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its a single cab. maybe some more guys will chime in. i want to have all my parts i need before i start wrenching. I'm trying to do this all the "right" way i guess.

whats your setup mostizzle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided to do this
Bell tech spindles
2 inch djm coil
Either the bell tech shocks or something else

Going to get a Chevy lean spacer to have on hand lol

ZQ8 leaders
3 inch blocks from JTR
4 degree kit

ZQ8 rear sway and all the bushings on everything are shot so going to get a master bushing kit from energy

Now for one last question.... Tire size...

I got the 94 jimmy wheels that I want to run stock back spacing which I thing is 3.75 15x7. What tire size looks the best/ to what I can run.

I read that sticky..... But I still am confused

39,932 Posts
You should remove the bumpstops and brackets too if you haven't already. As far as tire sizes go, I don't know. A lot of that is going to be personal preference. I run 205/65's on the front that I used to run all the way around and they worked and looked just fine IMO aside from the speedometer being off a hair. Now I run 255/60's on the rear. And that's on 15x7's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn sonny

i dig it, im getting some 15x7 on all four corners, and running 235-60-15's

4 inch backspacing in the front and in rear with maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 spacer? idk dont have my heart set on the spacers. im still not sure of 3 or 4 inches in the front, but rear will be 4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts