S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell if my s10 is a zq8 or not? it a 2.2 four banger 5 speed. It has coil overs in the back for weight and im replacing them with stock shocks. Will that lower the rear some? heres a pic:

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RPO code is located in the glove box right?

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
It will depend on how the coilovers are set now as to whether it will lower it or not.

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice!, it is a zq8. I only had the thing for 3 months and i could never wonder y it corners like it does. As far as the drop in the rear im goin with 2 inch blocks, unless you guys think that will be a problem. Again thanks, now i got a list of things to do before carlisle.

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
Blocks should be no problem but you will have to cut the entire bumpstop brackets off the frame for clearance for sure. Here's how:

http://www.s10forum.com/node/28

You will also want to make sure your driveshaft isn't in too close to the tranny after the drop. The reg. cabs sometimes have this problem when dropping the rear. To check, while the truck is at "ride height", measure between the collar on the input shaft at the front of the drive shaft and the tranny. If you have at least 3/4" clearence, you're OK. If less than 3/4" you can have the drive shaft shortened or, much easier and cheaper, install setback plates under the blocks. They will move everything back 1/2" giving you clearance.

http://www.s10forum.com/node/28

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks guys, i'll let you know how it goes. Real quick, its been a while.....the angle of the blocks should face towards the front right?

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks bro

·
Proud V.P of E.L.T.C
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, i installed the blocks and the truck looks sick. One more question, does my truck have torsion bars? my friend said i can tweak the front by loosening the front torsion bars? thats only 4wd right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts