1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think that is the tranny crossmember replacement if you have bags you will want that to lift the crossmember up and out of the way

·
Registered
726 Posts
dude it tells you in the description in the add where it goes and what it does
"ZQ8 FRAME BRACE OFF FROM A 2001 XTREME WITH ZQ8 PACKAGE IN GREAT SHAPE THIS GOES UNDER THE BED IN THE FRONT AND CONNECTS THE 2 MOUNTS ITS A OPTION THAT ONLY COMES ON A ZQ8 PACKAGE TRUCK I GUESS IT HELPS STIFFEN THE FRAME IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE BOLT ON AND BOLTS ARE INCULDED FITS STANDERD OR EXTENED CAB STEP SIDE OR FLEET SIDE EVEN 4X4 TRUCKS"

although I dont think it makes much differnce unless you plan on auto crossing your truck where you will need it to handle that well

if you dont understand where it goes maybe I can clear it up a little

crawl under your truck and look up right behind the cab at the very front, forward-most bed mounts
the actual part of the frame that sticks up and the bolt goes through it into the bottom of the bed
well that actual part of the frame , the frame brace goes in between that frame horn on each side and acts like an additional cross member on the frame and strengthens it
but unless you are seriously throwing your truck into the turns and taking your truck to the absolute maximum limitations of your trucks handling capabilites, if your not going this far you wont notice this thing making any difference
and I dont think its worth 60-80 bux
you could make one cheaper than that
all it is is a piece of flat bar steel material with an L shaped bracket on the end that has bolt holes through it that bolt to the frame and strengthen it
not gonna be noticeable to the average driver

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info MPETESS10, you have cleered everything up with me. He didn't give that much info in his ad, but you helped me out much better. Thanks for being a pal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts