S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 2/3 Belltech drop on my Noma and I want to go another inch to inch and a half lower all the way around in the spring. What should I do? I want to keep a decent ride, and I would like to keep the nice handling that the ZQ8 springs and leafs give. I have heard I can take a leaf out of the rear for probably around 1.5" but I am not sure about what to do up front. I will be running 225/40-18s when I get rims (7.5" wide wheels all around). I am all about quality and doing things right the first time, so the pulled leaf idea seems a little sketchy to me, and some people have told me it is really fine to cut no more than an inch off my coils... but, that obviously doens't appeal to me.

Should I sell my ZQ8 coils and leafs in favor of some 3" drop coils and 3" drop leafs from Belltech? As long as my ride won't turn to crap and it will handle well I think this is my plan. Just let me know if I am right or wrong about how I want to do this. Thanks.

Drew

Oh, and on a sidenote... I am thinking Belltech Nitro Active drop shocks are the ones I will be picking up when I do the extra drop... thats my best bet right?

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I really dont have the money for bags, and really even if I did I would put it into savings toward a V8 swap I plan to do one of these days. Hmm, maybe I should just wait, I hear the added weight of a V8 and new tranny/rearend will lower the truck a little bit more...

I love bags, but I think I would rather have a V8 first. :)

Thanks.

Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts