S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a 2-3 drop on my 98 regular cab and I have a few questions:
1. I do need to take the bumpstop brackets off, right?
2. Can I remount the bumpstob (rubber piece) back on to the frame once the bracket is off?
3. Is there any other clearance problsms right off hand? (exhaust?)

I can't wait. Just got the windows tinted, have a roll pan sitting in my room, and going to do the drop. Too bad it is supposed to blizzard:mad: tomorrow.

Thanks for any replies!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
redtruck said:
I am doing a 2-3 drop on my 98 regular cab and I have a few questions:
1. I do need to take the bumpstop brackets off, right?
2. Can I remount the bumpstob (rubber piece) back on to the frame once the bracket is off?
3. Is there any other clearance problsms right off hand? (exhaust?)

I can't wait. Just got the windows tinted, have a roll pan sitting in my room, and going to do the drop. Too bad it is supposed to blizzard:mad: tomorrow.

Thanks for any replies!
yup, the bump stops and brackets have gotta go. as far as putting the bumpers back on the frame, you dont really need to. i have had my ZQ8 with 3 inch blocks for and i have never bottomed out. so it is up to you. the only prob you might have is the carier bearing if you have an ex cab, not a big prob, it will just hit things that are a lil high in the road.:thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be fun driving in the snow. I just wish it was a v6 instead of the 4.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
yes...you will def. want to take the bump stops off......do it while ya have the truck on jacks.....i got the 3" blocks on mine and i've been to lazy to cut them off....the back will bounce so much it ya leave em on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts