S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it would be alright to use a zexel torsion posi with a stock 3.42?...I'm happy with what i have since i race on the freeway sometimes (not good)...Do you think its worth buying using a stock 3.42 gearing?...Please let me know ASAP...i'm planning on buying one if its good...i'll get traction bars with it also

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
I have heard that it is!!!

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
It's worth it.So if you have the 7 1/2" rear,then buy it.And you'll definitly need some ladder bars or a hop shock or something because after you install the zexel,you're going to have mad wheel hop.I bought the hop shock and wheel hop is gone.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can i get hop shocks?...i have a 3/5" drop

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I have the zexel and am very happy with it. The more torque you send to it the better it holds. I have 3.73s but wish I had a set of 3.42s so I'd stay with those.

btw the zexel isnt a posi its a torsen differential, big difference.

·
ZR2 Interceptor
662 Posts
n0sh0b0i said:
I was wondering if it would be alright to use a zexel torsion posi with a stock 3.42?...I'm happy with what i have since i race on the freeway sometimes (not good)...
If you "race on the freeway", your existing open carrier is fine. The Zexel will be a waste of money as its only function is to provide traction to the wheel that breaks away. This only occurs off the line and around corners at slow speeds. Keep what you have.

·
zippy
733 Posts
fmfredrider501 said:
zexel on road = great! zexel off road = sucks!
unfortunatly, that's correct. it's breakaway is rather light to keep it from coming apart. it's better than an open diff. off road, but not great. for off road, it's all detroit locker in my opinion.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Im looking into a Zexel torsion..

I cant remember what size I pinion seal I bought when I replaced it..

7.5 or 7.65..

How can I tell what rear end I have..

And which one does the torsion work with..

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
n0sh0b0i said:
I was wondering if it would be alright to use a zexel torsion posi with a stock 3.42?...I'm happy with what i have since i race on the freeway sometimes (not good)...Do you think its worth buying using a stock 3.42 gearing?...Please let me know ASAP...i'm planning on buying one if its good...i'll get traction bars with it also
Ther's a powertrax locker for sale $150 in a flea market thread - might work on your truck.
www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78323

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
im going to be getting a lockright, thats a good price for that one but i dont have any $$$ right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts