S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine installed yesterday and I know they reccomend a 500 mile break in which my mechanic/next door neighbor though was bull so I got into it and damn it works. First test was one wheel on dirt passenger other on pavement driver and got moving like a mofo. Put both on pavement and left two very wide marks. Even though its a 2002 all the guys who said it will work for me your great I love having this forum to run to with a question. Ive 295/50-15s and that lil 2.2 and a clutch drop = fun.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
there is a break in period for a reason, whether you back-yard mechanic next door neighbor thinks its bullshit or not.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason he says that is becuase its all gears and that its already using the exisiting gears theres nothing to really wear in. Unlike a posi with clutches or springs they have to wear a certain period of face instant destruction. Hey for 20 bucks it took him half an hour and the funny thing is he was able to do it without even getting dirty.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I never broke mine in and I've got over 5k miles on it.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And another wierd thing the block had to be ground a tad not alot but still had to be I thought that was only with the 4.10 gears?

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no whine nope not at all. He used all the stock shims and all the measurements were fine according to the book.

·
zippy
733 Posts
with the grey block they used to only have to be ground on the 4.10, but the newer one's come with a black block which is larger and needs to be ground with 3.73's and 4.10's. kinda a large tire for that isn't it?

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the exact same height as the stockers just a whole lotta wider. both tires sit just about 26.6 inches tall. the stock is 26.3 so no they arent hardly taller not that you can see side by side just both are wider front a few inches and the back a whole lotta inches it improves the twisty roads a ton.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I loved my 295/50/16's on my truck
they look so badass
I wanna get them again but I need to raise my truck back up to do it
so the question is be low with 245/50's (maybe some 265/50's)
or rasie it back up a little and run 295/50/16

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
MPETESS10 said:
I loved my 295/50/16's on my truck
they look so badass
I wanna get them again but I need to raise my truck back up to do it
so the question is be low with 245/50's (maybe some 265/50's)
or rasie it back up a little and run 295/50/16
What brand tire were your 295/50/16's? I want something wider than my 255's but the widest I could find at any of the stores was 255.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts