S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my Zexel Torsen Posi unit from SLP and installed it yesterday. A very straightforward and smooth install.

Let's just say that I am VERY PLEASED with the results! My truck now has two legs! Usually if I punch it from a stop, that passenger wheel will spin for a half-mile or so. Now, if I floor it it will still spin a bit and I can wiggle the ass end around...hehe :D. But if I just ease into it for a split-second and then stomp it, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WHEELSPIN WHATSOEVER!! I didn't think it was possible. Especially with those gay-ass no gripping Tigerpaws.

This morning I went and test-drove it and I must say that the truck is much more fun to drive now. Sliding around corners is the sh!t :D(although this causes a bit of wheelhop). I took it to my old high school parking lot and cut some hellacious donuts for the cameras. It was great!

Anyways, thanks to 98esten, J rod, Wicked X, and everyone else who suggested the Zexel to me. It's a great product that's very cheap and effective. If you've got a pegleg like I had, then I would definitely recommend the zexel. Hell, for $99 you can't beat it. :thumbup:

:bowdown::bowdown: Zexel

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have been wanting to get this... where do I order it from and will it work w/ a 2.2 w/ 3.73 gears? Also, could you give me a little howto, or are the instructions really easy?

DogP

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey... is this all I need to get, or is there other stuff I need besides this? I will probably be ordering it soon, and I want to make sure I get everything before I get the whole thing ripped apart and find out I only got part of what I needed. Thanks,

DogP

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need the zexel, a new gasket(I just used some black RVT), gear oil, and a nice set of tools(with a torque wrench preferably).

:thumbup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
aye i want that zexel and a 4:10 what do u guys suggest?????
where should i get it from, and what would the price be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts