S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does everyone dislike it and talk so bad about it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your racing the kit is very incosonsistent ...basically the way it works is it reads your tps sensor which reads intake air temp and tells your comp how much fuel to give the motor essencially air intake temp is never alwasy the same any minor change in the temp and the ZEX kit will sometimes give less or sometimes more of a shot of nos than compared to a regular kit jetted to say 50 hp....with the zex kit u may be jetted to 50 hp but u wont always get 50 hp when u hit the throttle

you also need to make sure when installing the kit that your getting the proper voltage reading off your tps to get the kit to enguage properly...the zex kit enguages via the amount of voltage the tps is reading...not enough voltage to the mini computer the the zex kit comes with and the system wont enguage at all

for these trucks the best thing to do is invest in a "wet system" by either NOS, Nitrous Works, or Nitrous express...a universal kit will run around 500 depending on where you go and definately get some help installing it if youve never done it b 4

jet your kit to around 50 hp any more than that and ull need to make investments in ignition equipment and make fuel enhacements to keep the motor from blowing

if u got anty more question hit me up :thumbup:

in fact i think there are some application specific kits for your engine by the above mentioned companies

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont have to worry about it anymore cuz i dont got the truck anymore it got totaled

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
I'm running a Zex setup on my LT1, running a custom 150shot.. Works great! Dyno'ed it two weeks and with the shot gave me 148hp! So its pretty good from my experience. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts