S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you dont' know me as I dont' post much here. Anyways Tuesday morning a kid ran a red light, hit another car and sent that car spinning into me. I was stopped at the light when I saw the kid flying up to the light and not slowing down. Insurance says the damage estimate is $5800 and that's not including if there's any frame/suspension/brake damage(I dont' think there is as the cars bumper went over the frame rail). The last few pics on this link are of my truck and the car that was sent spinning into me.

Pics

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at getting something different anyways but couldn't find any decent buys. Now I'm forced to get something else. I'm not sure what they're gonna give me for it yet. I'm gonna buy it back and fix it up. Appears to be only hard front sheet metal damage. It missed the engine. The power steering resevoir got broke off but I believe that's the only damage on the engine itself. I found a good buy on a 94 S10 regular cab V6 5 speed with 44,000 miles for $4000. That might be my next ride. Amazing part is we all got out and were OK after it happened. Kid that ran the light was like 17-18 driving a Dodge Spirit and the damn thing still started and moved after the wreck. The flat bed driver started it up and moved it out of the way. His airbag went off but I was amazed you could hit someone at 55+mph and still have it move on it's own! I might have to get one of those instead!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts