S-10 Forum banner

z06 wheels on an s10?

25K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  CustomS10 
#1 ·
i want to put a set of z06 wheels on my 01' X, but i'm yet to see a set of them on any s-series, anybody got a real pic? NOT A PHOTOSHOP EDITED IMAGE. i need a real pic of an s10 with a set of z06 wheels...i thinkit would look pretty nice but im not sure -=/

#2 ·
http://www.sportmachines.com/history/twinsonoma.html

now that truck is a beast is all there is too it...it has z06 wheels but its been modified...ALOT..awd for crying out loud..i think z06's will only work on a 4x4, correct?....or you could use adaptors...

#4 ·
that things is almost a total sleeper....10.8 1/4 mile street legal?!?! i'd probably kill myself in that thing........

#5 ·
nope, no go on true ZO6 rims on a 2wd, the spacer would be way too big and the wheels would rub all the time. hell, i think even the 4x4s would need a spacer. standard vette rims will fit cause they are narrower by like an inch or so. cause the ZO6 rims are like 18x9.5 up front i think. and the standards are like 17x8.5 or 18x8.5

#8 ·
someone correct me if i am wrong but the 17x8.5s will filt the front with a 2.5 inch spacer. and the rear, i am not 100% but, 18x9.5s should fit with the same size spacer. im not too sure though. talk to 98ssonnos, he will know for sure.

#9 ·
heres what you need to do they fit with no problem

front is a 17x8.5 right so when you get the rims measure the bs on them. i think they are like 6.25 in front. on a s10 on a 17x8.5 you need a 4.75 bs to be ok wiht a 245 45 17 so the difference is 1.5 so you need a 1.5 spacer. just mesure the backspacing and then get back to me

rear they are slose to 7 inches and you need 5.5 bs so you need a 1.5 spacer also. just get the rims and get back to me ive done this before on a 94 s10 like 2 years ago when i still worked at the shop the spacers ran him i think close to 300

tony

#17 ·
98 SS ON NOS said:
THE 17X9 SS RIMS fit directly on the trucks you can go with the 17x11 in rear if you want

as for the vetts shoudl be bolt up also
11" in the rear? Will that fit without tubbing? I need to get a 10in wide rim in the rear, a 285 tire, 29 inches diameter...is this possible? I plan on having to cut out the fenderwells, but other than that, can it be done? Thanks.

#20 ·
ok heres the low down on the Zo6 wheel issue.... I have a set of Z06 wheels that will make it on my first gen, and heres how im doing it.... first of all the Z06 wheels have thge EXACT same offset as the C5 wheels like 614 streets has. second the backspacing on the vette wheels is 8 inches in the rear. they are 17x9.5 in front and 18x10.5 out back, the stock tire sizes are 265/40 or 45/17 in front and 295/35/18 in rear. in the rear of my truck I have exactly 6 1/2 inches from the drum to the first thing that the wheel can hit, do the math, that leaves exactly 1 1/2 inch that you HAVE to have to clear obsturctions but that would leave the wheel exactly touching somthing so you would go with a 1.75 inch spacer MINIMUM!!! that is what I am useing on the back of my truck and with a 305/45/18 it will not hang out any and will just sit flush with the fender, the front I will use the same size adapter but FULLY expect to rub somthing and will probly have to modify somthing. but that extra inch has to go somewhere and NOT outside the fenderwells.

#23 ·
Try to contact AFS wheels @ http://www.afswheels.com/v2/ You may be successful at asking them to cut you a special wheel with the additional metal on the rim to create the back spacing needed for the S10 application. I would think it would be fairly simple, but I really have no idea. Let them know that if they did make the Z06 wheel for a S10, they would be the only one out there that did. I'm sure that there would be a decent market for S10 Z06 wheels. If they do make you a set, be sure to let everyone know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.