S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Smiegal Sampson
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering, who has a monoleaf setup with drop shocks, and is laying frme. im not sure if this is even possible, but if there is someone out there that can help me, tell me what shocks you have. i want to leave them in the stock location, and just run a monster notch(8 in) am i on the right track there.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I have a mono-leaf, 4 inch angled blocks, and airshocks in the stock mounting places. Pretty close to laying frame.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If you de-arch the leafs (94-97 year truck leafs), and use a 4" block, you won't have any problem laying and using the stock leaf locations.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
How many leafs per pack do u have. If u have 4 than u may not have to dearch yours but if u have 3 than u will probly have dearch. If I were you I would do what I did and leave your overload leaf to have some strength.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If you take the 94-97 leafs (4 leaf pack) and dearch the longest one, and keep it along with the short overload leaf, you should have no problem at all laying with a 4" block. I shoulda said that in my first post... lol

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i have mono leaf and 4" angled blocks and i lay....

·
Smiegal Sampson
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i have a 98, so if i take the leaves from a 94-97, then i will lay right? i am only going to run one because i dont really need the added strength on 2. i never haul anything.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
The added strength isn't there for hauling purposes...

Its there so that when you punch the gas, the axle doesn't wanna tear the leafs apart and break them... the softer the leafs, the better chance you have of breaking them, so keeping the overload leaf keeps the pack a lil more intact.

·
Smiegal Sampson
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, i didnt know that, so thanks, but that doesnt answear the question, should i get the leaves off a 94-97?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yes I would.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
i used to run a 94 leaf mono'd on my 98, it worked fine i never had it dearched....... however ride quality wasnt too great and axle wrap sucked, i dealt with it for a couple years, but i don't exactly "recommend" it for long term purposes

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
silversdimeCT said:
oh, i didnt know that, so thanks, but that doesnt answear the question, should i get the leaves off a 94-97?
SlammedDime said:
If you take the 94-97 leafs (4 leaf pack) and dearch the longest one, and keep it along with the short overload leaf, you should have no problem at all laying with a 4" block.

·
Smiegal Sampson
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, i missed that. my bad.

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
not to whore your thread but Im from West Haven too. what do ya drive?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts