·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. jason's front dual-ported cups
2. airlift 2b6 extreme 300 psi gen II dual-port 1/2 bags
3 4-1/2 gc xtreme 450 psi valves
4 5/8 line

i know it is gonna be brought up that i do not have enough valves for dual-port cups and that having one fill in one port and a dump in the other is a waste. so before i hear that i want to explain. i am indeed gonna run one fill in one side and one dump out the other for right now. but i am only going with what i can afford right now and i can't afford another 2-4 valves. but running one valve per port when i do get more valves it does keep me from having to take the front end apart again to add more line. i can simply just flip that one dump valve around and make it a fill and then tee in some dumps.

questions
1 how hard is it to run dual 5/8 line out of the side and down the frame in these cups?
2 is jason's cups just a standard size? i've been keeping my eye on jason's thread bout art arms and his cups. i've seen jason say he used his standard 2 inch cup with that set-up. right now i want to lay on my 245/45/17's with my stocks control arms and then upgrade to art upper and lower control arms. so what cups do i need now and are they going to be able to be used when i upgrade to 20's and art arms?

and refer to what i said up above. what would you suggest for dumps in the future. dual dumps single 1/2 or 3/8 dump or etc.

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
as far as the set up goes.. people will tell you alot of different things... alot of people on here will tell you to go with Jason cuz many of them are fans of his... and from all the things I've read his praise is well deserved.... anyways... you do the reading and decide for yourself.. best suggestions you'll get..

and as far as running the line... its as hard as climbing under your truck and doing it... size doesn't really matter.. the bigger the harder to bend but still not too difficult...

and as for your second question up there... I don't know anything about the measurements....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i will clear up my wording. i'm purchasing dual port bags and most say it is a waste to run one port for fill and the other port for a dump. when i get more dough to buy more valves i am simply going to take the dump valve and flip in around to make another fill valve and then just tee in a dump. so in other words it will have 2 fill valves one on each port on the bag and a dump teed into one of the two fills.

·
no air, no chicks, no fun
147 Posts
umm wouldnt that drain the air from the tank too?

EDIT: nevermind its late i was thinking of something different haha i guess that would work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it sounds good, the same thing i ve got but im just runnin 1/2 line... many people
have told me the speed diffrence in 1/2 line and 5/8 inst enoiugh to justify the cost...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
tbranscom said:
it sounds good, the same thing i ve got but im just runnin 1/2 line... many people
have told me the speed diffrence in 1/2 line and 5/8 inst enoiugh to justify the cost...
there will be a definate differance between 1/2 line and 5/8 line. ID of 1/2 is 3/8, ID of 5/8 is 1/2... plenty differance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:werd: There should be a big difference between 1/2 and 5/8 line. The thing is its difficult to run 5/8 line cause its very stiff. Some people use a lot of fittings to run it and the more fittings you use the slower your system will be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts