S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as my frame, drivetrain, and suspension is first on my list of things to do, I want some opinions on some shiz...

What Intend to do is get maybe a 5 r 6 gallon air tank...I don't needa hop, I just needa make it up and down. 3/8" tubing.

My rear end will be independent A-frame. These frames have coil-overs on them, so I figure what I wanna do (to make things easier on myself, at least) is go with some AirRide ShockWaves for both the front and the rear, as they also make a lower control arm for the front of the S10...

Has anyone here used the Shockwaves before? How's the ride? Had any problems? They seem to be pretty good.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
do you realize how much shockswaves cost? do you realize how much money it will cost/work to lay out with them, if you even could in rear? alot..IMO i would rethink your plans unless you got a good amount of spare change.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If you got the money to spend, more power to ya. Shockwaves will cost ya a lot of money. You won't get very much lift out of them tho, front or back, unless you do a custom rear setup with the shockwaves.

They ride awesome if the shock is tuned properly, and I've never heard of anyone having any problems with them.

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes I have the money. Yes my rear end will be custom, hence the completely new, custom frame and A-frame rear-end.

If you knew me...you'd know I'm not cheap...and that I always buy the best, or close to it, for some reason...even though it generally drains me of $. You should see my computer >80

Anywho, most, if not all of the fabrication, body work...wait, this will work better. The only things I'm not going to do is the paint job, powdercoating, and bedliner...

I've already threw some prices together. Shockwaves will run me around $3600 for all four, including lower control arms for the front...

the main thing I'm looking for here is an excelent ride, and I think I'm more than capable of laying frame on them with the fabing I'll be doing... but I've seen it done, so I know it can be done.

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here's some pics of that truck thats done it...

http://www.hiltonmotorsports.com/toys/xtreme/pworld03/pworld03a.html

He's runnign larger wheels on the back than the front. The front are 17s and the back are 20s. The rubber's about the same width on front and back, so no height difference is attributed to the his choice of tires. I believe he has one of the longer pair of ShockWaves in the back (the 9000s come in different lengths). I intend to have 20s on both front and rear. I know I an lay on the front with the ShockWaves, so assuming I choose the right length for the rear and position my mounts corectly, I should have no problem.

the frame and suspension will all et assembled and adjusted before I put the truck on it, so I'll have the ability to play around.

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
bluedragonx said:
Has anyone here used the Shockwaves before? How's the ride? Had any problems? They seem to be pretty good.
The only thing I explicitly asked for. Forgive me for giving my reasons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.