S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
''true believers''
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a show at summit racing in akron,oh talking with a guy at the airlift tent and he was telling me there kinda getting out of the minitruck thing because it was dying down,it kinda surprised me.it got me thinking about how the scene is around the country.i know in my area it seems to be growing alot,its bigger then ever,so where you at and is it growing or dying around you

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
i have found the "scene" is kinda slowed here as well......... i went to 22 shows in 06', went to 16 in 07' and only 6 this year. and i drive all over california. from sacramento to blythe. ive also noticed lot of raised fullsizes at and around towns near me

·
Ehhh!
2,285 Posts
I just moved to this area not to long ago so I don't know about the scene. I passed a sick s10 today. Bagged and crazy paint job. A real clean silver 1st gen 4 days ago. Have 1 for sale by my house and a few others passing by. I think there might have been a lil cut back when everyone and their brother was into import. So yeah, I could see that there might have been a bit of a cut back.

·
Severed<>TIES
4,736 Posts
Yeah, for the longest time during the import craze, I was the ONLY minitrucker goin out to the local car hang outs. I mean there were others there(sometimes) who were in minitrucks as well, but they were all there to race the imports, and didn't really consider themselves minitruckers, and had no intentions on baggin their "mad fast" trucks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
the minitruckin "scene" is goin damn good down here, we got scr8pfest, by pebble pushers, in concord, nc for a reason. their are at least 10 "minitrucks" i see on a regular basis in my little ass town of mt. holly. dropjawmag i think is from down around the southeast too. most of the big shows around here are 1/2-3/4 minitrucks.

·
1st Gen Crew Cab Cult
3,817 Posts
the "scene" must be slow around my neck of the woods cause no shop carrys crap anymore..when you need something so simple its always gota be ordered

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
I am moving to a larger city here in kansas next week i am hoping to see some more minis. Where i am at there is no scene, but like with any type of vehicle intrest there are ups and downs. Some just die, hopefully the imports completly ha ha. Take the van craze for insance that was huge in the 70's then died but is starting to slowly pop up again, the same for lifted trucks it never went away completly but just kinda died down for awhile.

·
Severed<>TIES
4,736 Posts
The overall custom car/truck scene as a whole is very healthy around here, but there just aren't that many mintrucks being built anymore... everyone is building other things now. People got their full sizes, their bagged wagons, bagged mini vans, bagged duallys, bagged hot rods, and their bagged "rat rods", or old school full sizes. My buddy Mark who is the proud owner a of minitruck just bagged his charger, and I've got another friend with a bagged SRT8 300C!......

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
i dont even really look at it like minitruckin...
anything bagged is what i consider "what im into." i just like bags on everything.

but as for minitrucks, i was the only one in my area for while that i seen. there was a few lowriders around, whenever i seen a mini it was usually in another town or on an interstate.

im finding out about alot of guys with trucks now but not many. theres a bodydropped one up the street from my parents where i lived, but thats a shock, i never see minis.

·
Check your ground
30,848 Posts
it's mostly ricers here but occasionally i'll see some nice clean static dropped sport trucks. as far as bagged trucks my friend has a bagged dually and i've seen a bd fullsize 98 gmc too. we have an abundance of donks too :rolleyes:

·
KentuckyMinis.com
4,199 Posts
The scene in louisville is getting big. I remember 3 years ago I was pretty much the only person rolling around. Now theres at least 10-15 guys who actually drive there trucks.

·
Square Body Owner
680 Posts
i would say its gettin bigger here,every tuesday in belville there is a shop and we have minitruck tuesdays there,and its all top notch work,its gotten alot bigger since i auctually got into minis

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
i think its good here, i always see lowered s10's. I have only seen one bagged truck on the road since ive been watching for them.

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
i would say its gettin bigger here,every tuesday in belville there is a shop and we have minitruck tuesdays there,and its all top notch work,its gotten alot bigger since i auctually got into minis

are you referring to belleville illinois? thats my home town. i didn't know anything about that.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts