S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All Pimp Without the Limp
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to say Hi, I have been lurking around for a while and finally have a question for everyone.

First off my truck is a 1997 S10 SS Sportside.

I have the Lakewood Universal Traction Control Bars (LAK-21705) at summit racing. These bars are the ones that only fit the S10 and blazers. Someone bought me these for Christmas instead of the universal ones...I figured if they are meant specifically for my truck and cost more then they must be better.

I talke to a member at s-series and he told me that he has the ZQ8 suspension and that the bar did not fit correctly. It was flush against the leafs and he couldn't even get the snubbers on. So today I went out and "dry fit" the bars and it doesn't look as though they will fit.

So my question to all of y'all is this: What Lakewood bars are all ZQ8 members running? Has anyone used the universal ones with success and has anyone used the ones that I have with success or failure.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you guys can give me, I have asked all over and haven't gotten much.

Later

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
first off welcome aboard! and second... we need to see some pics of your ride, i love the SS trucks. third, i havent heard of the universals not fitting. may want to get a few more opinions though.:thumbup: good luck!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
hope ya don't mind 2Pimp4U....here is a pic of his truck.....nice:thumbup:

Attachments

·
2,186 Posts
dude that truck is focken sweet ass man! what size wheel tires are on there?:thumbup:

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweetbutxtreme, thanks for the post.

MightyMouseJ5...thanks for the compliment...the truck is on 17s..

Front 17x7 245s
Rear 17x8 275s

On BF Goodrich T/A Z

Back to the traction bars, I called Lakewood personally and they indicated to me that the traction bars that are made for 2wd S10s will not fit the ZQ8 trucks. Seems to me that since the ZQ8 is a 2wd S10 that they should put some type of disclaimer saying that ZQ8 2wd S10s will not work. SO I am sending them back and I am wondering if the universal ones will work on the ZQ8.

Does anyone have the Universal Traction Control Bar on a ZQ8?

Once again thanks for all the replies and compliments, it is nice to finally find a S10 place where people actually respond. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
actually...

You don't need traction bars,the zq8 suspension already has that built in for you, look at the 3rd shock on the passenger side-that does the same thing as a set of traction bars. Traction bars as you probably know, basically do only one thing-stop axle wrap. You don't need the bars at all-provided you didn't get rid of the 3rd shock. So send them back, and get someting else...provided you don't want them just for looks-and your truck looks really clean, so I doubt you are going for that early 80's poop car look hahaha.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha

Thanks...I know I have that third shock in the back, just wasn't exactly sure how functional it is.

I am definitely sending them back because they will not work at all. I am currently upgrading my stereo system in my truck and can use the extra money for some wiring so I can upgrade all the wires in my truck and get rid of anything the factory used to wire.

Keep it Real

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Word to That

Hell yes I am seeing it and I am all about that.

However, the stereo equipment was a Christmas gift and therefore being free it is just what I am keeping myself busy with right now.

Trust me, as soon as I get the funds I am shooting for a 4/5 drop.

RawRedX....nice pic, thanks....you are gonna make me go out and spend money now! :uhoh:

·
2,186 Posts
RawRedX said:
heres a preview:
ahhhh the wonders of photo shop!:) lookin pretty focken good... i am now lookin into some torq thrusts for my ride!:thumbup:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
looks sweet w. that 4/5 PS drop... I wish I could go that low... extendo cabs make the clearance that much less... humm.. Seems like everywhere I have to go has a mountain to drive over... SSCCCRRRRAAAAPPPPE. :) Crossmember bumps are slowly flattening..:bah: NICE FOCKEN TRUCK!:thumbup:

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

I appreciate all the compliments...

Hopefully during the summer I can get enough money togther to go through with the drop, while I am away at school I don't get that much money nor do I have a good place to do the work.

Once again I appreciate all the support. I'll keep you guys updated.

Word Out :D

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
thats a very nice truck..if it was mine I would lower it and convert the front end to a 98+ painted grille and headlight assembly...that would be badas$!!

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have recently had the grill sanded and painted to better match the truck along with a new front air dam.

I think I will definitely stick with the 97 front end headlight assembly, I am not sure why people want to change that. I want my truck to look like a 97 not a new S10.

Peace Out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts