S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size would be good to run from the compressor to the tank?
would 3/8 be good enough, running thur a 3/8 in/out water filter?
is there any oil that gets into the airline, do you need an oil/water filter, or just one for water?
and how long does the hi temp line need to be comming off the compressor, and how how hi of a temp rated line do you need for that?

just need to get an idea of some of this stuff ill need to get, thanks

·
ALMOST DONE
1,953 Posts
i was told to use 1/2 line with a 3/8 ID...your gonna get oil through the line so ur gonna need a oil/water filter..just use a length of steel braided hose for the line all the way to the tank..talk to CAB on here..he helped me out with alot of questions i had

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, so 3/8 inside d would be the smallest i would want to use? how about the oil/water filter, would i have to get the larger size with the 1/2 pipe fittings? ( :( they are expensive)
what size line and what kind of filter come in the ready to go kits?

·
I <3 SPARKS
8,067 Posts
www.cp-performance.net (cp-performance on ebay) sells Parker steel braid line. Get the -6 size, as it's equivalant to 3/8" ID. The ends are swivel flared ends and you can find fittings for it at most local places, including the Parker store, which is where I recommend. I run a Campbell Hausfield (however you spell it) water seperator from Lowes and it works just fine. It's got 3/8 females on each side. I ran a 15 foot steel braid line from the compressor to my tank, and I've got a little slack. 15 ft should be just fine.

·
I <3 SPARKS
8,067 Posts
Primer, ya... I like to run steel braided line the whole way back... but you can run just like 3-4 feet of it, then use regular airline from there back... IMO, it's kinda tacky tho.

LayItLowS10, sweet.. yea. Braided is nice, looks killer too :D

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Thanks cab.. While we are on the subject.. what do you all run for your intake system on your compressors? Just a little filter off the fitting? or what?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
stainless braided what temp is to good for. im going to be fabricating an engine driven setup here in the future. one question i have is what type of fittings are on the head of the compressor. are there different styles and whats best

·
I <3 SPARKS
8,067 Posts
On mine, it has 3/4" NPT male ports.. I've got some 3/4" female elbows on top of it. York 210 or equivelant is nice... Autozone sells em as I've said in other posts for $85.99. Tell em it's for a 81 Ford F100.

As for the intake, I've got one of the little air filters. I got it from the ricer section at Autozone. It works good tho :D

·
former title junky mod
6,536 Posts
I have had my engine driven up and running for a year and a half now. I used regular air line for a while and never had a problem with it melting. I use hydraulic hose now, which in my opinion, is the best. The engine driven comp is obviously under the hood. I want my comp to look stock (when I do engine dress up I will do it to the comp to) for now. With black hydraulic hose it looks like a stock engine part. It is also cheaper then steel braided hose.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i was thinking hydraulic line whats it going for /ft?

if i go s/s braided the total line and fittings would be 100 bucks

what is the head of the compressor made of? aluminum?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
cab said:
www.cp-performance.net (cp-performance on ebay) sells Parker steel braid line. Get the -6 size, as it's equivalant to 3/8" ID. The ends are swivel flared ends and you can find fittings for it at most local places, including the Parker store, which is where I recommend. I run a Campbell Hausfield (however you spell it) water seperator from Lowes and it works just fine. It's got 3/8 females on each side. I ran a 15 foot steel braid line from the compressor to my tank, and I've got a little slack. 15 ft should be just fine.
damn im going with them 6n 15' for 55 bucks with fittings and crimped

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.