S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL
Yep,picking it up tomorrow afternoon in Springfield IL.
This is Devons new truck,its an auto,lower miles,4X4 :(.Since my wife wanted him to have an auto instead of a 5 speed this is perfect for him.
Guy says its a 4.3,but I dont know yet.
Anyway,price was right so..........
Here she is:

Yes,another 1989 Blazer,LOL!
Not nearly as rusty though!!!

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah,thats kool,thats more then I wanna spend on my soon to be 16 yr old sons first vehicle.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Runs like a dream!

Has the G80 option,not sure if the first gens had the gov lock so.....

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW,this is Blazer #4 currently in my possesion!
Devons says its good,not gonna fix any non mechanical on this truck,Devons gonna learn to drive in this Blazer and its his so.........
He wants the running boards left on..........I said w/e its your truck!

·
TMS forever!
209 Posts
BTW,this is Blazer #4 currently in my possesion!
Devons says its good,not gonna fix any non mechanical on this truck,Devons gonna learn to drive in this Blazer and its his so.........
He wants the running boards left on..........I said w/e its your truck!

LEAVE THE RUNNING BOARDS ON? Haven't you taught that boy right from wrong yet,lol. J/K, it looks good anyway and saves you time on the v8 blazer project. He starts driving then he'll get the itch.
Give him those rims I gave you to hold on to.

Later,
Shawn

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I told him I can put some 2 inch blocks on it and crank down the torsion bars,hes said "no,thats alright dad." LOL!
Shawn,those rims are the wrong offset for a 4x4,so they wont work.I hate that I sold off those Cobra tires I had,they had such good tread,these tires are fine,just a little more aggresive/noisy then those cobras woulda been.
I wish it was 2wd with that G80 locking dif!I cant even steal it unless I get some more + offset rims to use on my 2wd's!
Oh well,I couldnt go wrong for the price so..........

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated the front a bit,Ive always hated the Chevrolet 82-90 grills:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have what's supposed to be a new 91+ Sonoma grille on my truck, want to trade? :D

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supposed to be new??
What ya meen?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It means I didn't actually buy the grille, I bought the truck it came on so I don't know if someone's messed it up with a hack install yet. It looks nearly new from what I can tell, but if you're interested I can pull it off to make sure it's in the 'like new' condition it's supposed to be. The only reason I don't want to say it's new is because there's been some other stuff about the truck that wasn't what it was supposed to be.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Devon is liking the new grill,not sure if he wants to trade.
Is this the grill?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yep, that'd be the one. Just figured I'd throw the offer out there since I know you hate the older style and I'm planning on switching to it anyway. If he likes what he's got then that's fine, I understand. :D

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya,him and the wife both like that grill better then the 91+ styles.......go figure!
Oh ya,I HATE the old style..........but its his truck so,I have to leave the running boards on and not change anything he doesnt approve of first!
LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts