S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out one of the guys I work with used to be all into systems. Made for some interesting conversations at work today (in between swearing and cutting knuckles on a bastardized XLT sled). He used to be into comps before it was cool, and did pretty well. Said his favorite system consisted of:
Alpine deck
JL tens (couldn't remember the model)
MB Quart components
4 channel Precision Power amp bi-amping the components
Audiocontrol EQ on the highs
and a huge ass Precision Power amp for the subs, all he can remember about it is that it cost over a grand new
All of it was in an F150 regular cab

I just thought it was pretty cool, he was talking about all the stuff he used to run 15 years ago when there were very few companies around. He said his brother still has the PPI amps and the subs, he's going to check it out. I might have to save some money for some old school PPI's, cause they are badass....

Anyway, no real point to this post. I have 2 finals tomorrow and the more time I waste the less I have to study (I'm a great procrastinator).

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audiocontrol stuff rules. I scored an EQL for free before. My friend just bought a C1500 that prevoiusly had a big system in it, 4 RF tens, I dunno what else. He asked what the thing under his seat was, and low and behold, there was an EQL mounted there and still wired up, but to nothing. He said I could have it, so I took it out before he finished the sentance. It was cool. Then I got broke. Then I sold it. Now I kick myself....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts