S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are with water and alcohol in the water injection tank at 8 psi. I got 4 runs in orlando on what I have to say is the coolest dyno Ive ever used it gave all my charts on a disk to take home along with the sheets very sweet. Also Im sorry admins I think this pic is over the allowed dimensions but you have to agree its allowed to be here on the 2.2 forum.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Two very small notes if I may add. One the kits for sale 1200 to your door becuase I have a v8 in the garage waiting for a new home. Two, how do I get that admin job besides for applying? And I will give you step by step directions to the install. And I am not removing the kit till its sold. So itll take a week to get to you. Also whos gonna be the first to :spam:

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Got some simple questions....

What are you using for Tuning?

What percent was the water/alchy mix?

Intercooler?

Got any pics of the setup?

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
sucks i mean cool for you but you can see in 3rd where she just falls flat on her face and can barely produce anymore...0-60 looks good thought but after 60 or top of 3rd she just dives.......

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Cool..at least we got some good number, unfortunetly your setup is quite different than the other kits on here. But good deal..

BTW if the pic was over the dimensions it wouldnt have let it post, it has nothin to do with us.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is this through an automatic or a 5 speed? What year? What rear gears?
If its a 5 speed with 3.73 gears you'd hit 3rd at about 60mph. Having the power drop there would be a hidden boon as 3rd is the weakest gear in a t5.

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
You said that you have all the charts on disk, right? Are you able to make the chart show rpms with the horsepower/torque, like this one.... http://thejuice.homestead.com/files/dynohighgod.jpg
I would like to see where your power band is.

Some more questions :D :
You were running 8psi?
What is the size and specs on your turbo?
When did you start spraying the alcohol/water on the runs?
Did the dyno have a wideband o2 to show what your air/fuel was?

Nice numbers!! Now turn up the boost :idea:

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
gutlesswonder said:
sucks i mean cool for you but you can see in 3rd where she just falls flat on her face and can barely produce anymore...0-60 looks good thought but after 60 or top of 3rd she just dives.......
I would beleive the entire run was performed in 4th gear. There is nothing there indicating a shift, and when you run on a dyno you normally run in whatever gear is 1:1, which is 4th in almost all 5 speeds. If he had been grabbing gears than the hp would follow the same pattern shown, but for each gear (would show a peak in 1st, then a drop as 2nd starts, then peak in 2nd, etc..). Just imagine that the mph on the X-axis is really rpm instead (but where it falls at 95 mph should be more like 6 grand).

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok lets see. Everything else is stock nothing other that the turbo. The alc/water mixture is 50/50 and thinkink of water toulene mix instead. No intercooler and its a 14b that I rebuilt last week that took 3 hours the kit says 45 mins. The kit consistes of the pre down and downpipe of the turbo S-10 kit The turbo and bov came from a 2nd gen gsx, the charge pipes and water injection was all made by me. My friend that has a cam keeps forgeting to bring it no big deal to me. Maybe ill get one from santa. And im surprised you guys saw in the dyno that it drops off at 55 mph or the 3rd gear shift and for as far as Adam good point but its a corrected dyno becuse you are right there would be a quick drop. As for tuning so far its jsut a 12:1 FMU thats all. They didnt have a 02 there it was pretty shabby of a setup but for free Im not complaining and the fact I didnt have to scan all the runs were on a disk. Also a 2.2 2002 Stnadard cab 5-speed with 3.73 gears.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
damn, maybe the 2.2 turbo will put out more than expected....

if mach is shooting for 225-250 at the FLYWHEEL.....thats somewhere in the neighborhood of what he would hit with his kit at the wheels isn't it.....funny, I heard so many people call BS on that?

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
and I bet if he had a turbo that was a little bit bigger, like the 16G his power drop off in third might not be as much as it is there.....just a thought....

Caleb

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
a 14b didnt come stock form a second gen dsm. its a t-25. also, how did you balance that turbo after you rebuilt it. If you took everything apart, it needs to be balanced. you cant take a chance with not balancing something when it spins upwards of 80,000 rpm

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i scribed the shaft and the turbine and kust eyeballed it. your right my bad that all 1g stuff the 2 g had the plastic bov as well. I wonder if a 16g would be worth the investment to someone else. Thats enough hp for this engine IMO. I like the little motor and until someone buys the kit its just gonna stay in there. Also it makes me think what als header and a highflow exhaust including a cat would yield?

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will call BS someone has to. Theres no way you can get that kind of gain with no intercooler.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts