S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 ext cab with a 4.3. Where can I find an after market high flow cat that is basically plug-n-play (ie no engine comp. probs etc) and also a larger diameter Y-pipe as well. Any info grrrreatly appreciated
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
any aftermarket high flow will need to be welded on. no bolt on ones yet for that new of a truck.from what i have seen. i got mine from www.jegs.com they are expensive and won't flow much better than the stock one.the stock ones are pretty good.

for a y-pipe if you have a automatic www.slponline.com has one. if its a manual you will need to have one custom made. i have looked at doing a custom one on mine. there is just no room to run it atleast bigger than stock without the smashed section under the tranny.or having it hang way down and hit everthing on the road.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Don't bother with the cat The stock one's fine. Go with the slp Y & a see through 3" muff. & all 3' pipe.

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will it fit??

I went to the SLP site and the one they are selling is for a 98. Will this fit my 99 as well??

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Check stock. I waited 6 weeks for a 98, only to find out they had 97's in stock. Only minor mods to make it fit.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts