S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone know where to buy a 2001 S10 pickup 4x4 Ypipe? Everything I look up on google shows a walker Ypipe but states up to year 1999. Will a 99 ypipe work on a 2001? and if not any recommendations as to where I should buy? Thanks in advance.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,544 Posts
You'd be better off going to an exhaust shop. They can bend up a bigger diameter pipe. @goes2fast has a line on a cutback that would work for you.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd be better off going to an exhaust shop. They can bend up a bigger diameter pipe. @goes2fast has a line on a cutback that would work for you.
Thanks but I prefer to do it myself. I have a welder so that makes it easier plus here in CT, it would cost over $400 bucks for a stupid Y pipe....rip off. I refuse to pay that. lol...

·
Been there Done it
11,896 Posts
You got a pipe bender? The reason that pipe is so expensive is the 2 catalytic converters. $400 isn't a bad price for one

Reactions: daredevil95

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks but I prefer to do it myself. I have a welder so that makes it easier
Go on summit racing website, order serval pieces of summit brand tubing and weld it up, probably will cost you about $75 bucks

here in CT, it would cost over $400 bucks for a stupid Y pipe....rip off. I refuse to pay that. lol...
I wish I could pay $400 or less for exhaust on my truck.. my headers and Y pipe cost $2400 bucks.. then another $1200 for the cat-back portion..

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking for a Y-pipe only, no cats or anything else. I want to cut it off in front of the cat and install a new Y pipe. My Y is in good shape but the bolts were very rusty and imposible to remove so, I had to torch them off and I cut into the flanges which ruined them. My buddy at the parts store gave me 2 universal 3 piece flanges but, they seem inadequate for the long term. There are plenty of Y pipes only for / up to 1999 but, nothing for 2000 and up unless I buy the whole thing including the cats. So that's my situation. i want to buy Y pipe only but that seems to not be the case. That's why I was wondering if the 1999 Y pipes would work.

here's an example of what I was looking for?

·
Been there Done it
11,896 Posts
Since the exhaust manifolds are the same in 98 use a Walker 50318 1998 Y pipe. They're under $200.
Then just put a straight piece of pipe into the muffler.
Advance Auto has it locally for $220
with discount code N15 it's $187

Reactions: daredevil95

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great news! Thanks....is it worth deleting the cat? if so, how do I keep check engine light off? I definitely would love to do that!

·
Been there Done it
11,896 Posts
The 98 y-pipe doesn't have any cats. You can add the 98 cat behind it or have the third O2 disabled. Depends on if you have emission testing. I think GM switched in 01 to eliminate different y-pipes for California.
The only way I know is to disable the post cat O2 sensor by having it turned off in the tune. Need HPTuners or similar to do it. Or send the PCM to Brendan at lt1swap.com. He can disable it for $75.
here pics from Walker to show the difference from 98 to 00 up.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 98 y-pipe doesn't have any cats. You can add the 98 cat behind it or have the third O2 disabled. Depends on if you have emission testing. I think GM switched in 01 to eliminate different y-pipes for California.
The only way I know is to disable the post cat O2 sensor by having it turned off in the tune. Need HPTuners or similar to do it. Or send the PCM to Brendan at lt1swap.com. He can disable it for $75.
here pics from Walker to show the difference from 98 to 00 up.
View attachment 344925

View attachment 344926
Good info, thanks. I plan on cutting my Y pipe in front of cat and welding new pipe in it's place or so i hope it goes together that easy? we'll see...

·
Been there Done it
11,896 Posts
Keep us posted on the progress so that in the future people with the same question can learn how it works out.
Pics would be super.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep us posted on the progress so that in the future people with the same question can learn how it works out.
Pics would be super.
I cancelled the order, a buddy had a old flange that matches what I needed; he said that he thinks it was off a old camaro, spot on match. I cut the driver's side pipe off so I could replace the flange and then I will weld it back on. Saves me almost $200 bucks. I attached the refund; I don't want folks to think I'm wasting there time when I askforhelp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts