S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch up to a better Y-pipe but i've been doing something thinking about all of this. SLP has the Y-pipe for like 200 i think proably like 230 shipped off. But then i was thinking can i use the Y-pipe off a 4x4 or even a fullsized truck with a 4.3??? i don't see why either of those wouldn't work. My truck is a ZQ8 but i've never bottomed out and have some room to work with in the y-pipe area i'm not worried about ever hiting it. I leaning more towards just getting the SLP(lol plus then i'm allowed to put one of those nifty badges on their) but if one of the other y-pipes work i would rather go with that for the sake of saving money. Anyone know about either of those?? let me know thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah you could but they also don't flow nearly as well either. If you want to do the swap why not get one that is going to perform better than a stocker.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummmm that would be the whole point in me wanting for from a 4x4 or a fullsize they do flow better then mine

·
the spl king
298 Posts
wuts the size of ur stock y-pipe?

i have the old exhaust manifolds/y-pipe from my 93 f/s with a 4.3

the y-pipe has about a foot of pipe after the point it comes together

i'll have to messure the y-pipe and see wut size it is

laters

·
Registered
102 Posts
Obe , I was thinkin the same thing since the full size trucks and the 4x4 have the larger diameter pipe than a stock s10 Ypipe , at least with mine anyway it looks like 1.5 stock or smaller....
I dont see how either of them wouldn't work since a 4.3 is a 4.3....
Only diff I can think of would maybe be the manifold itself as far as the FS truck since theres more room between the manifold and the steering . The 4x4 Y should work great though.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure they stopped making them but they still have them for sale up on their site(still don't understand why they stopped making them*shakes head*) i found a freind with a 4.3 fullsize that was willing to let me crawl under and let me look at it and i don't see much of a difference at all excpet for the drivers side it may take a little hammer massaging to make it work but a bigger pipe is still a bigger pipe so hopefully i can find a place to get one that won't try to bend me over hehe looks like i'm throwin some stuff over the junkyard fence again lol if i can find one for pretty cheap and throw her up their i'm gona chop out all the cat crap too i live out in the country and i don't have emmisions so i'll have to pick up an O2 sim too i think their like 40 so that ain't bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts