S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they do different to Xtremes to make them faster than other s-10s?

·
Registered
610 Posts
they arent faster, they may have the different engine code (which comes in the blazers) that have 10 more horses, but thats it, its just the kit and wheels.

·
Registered
911 Posts
nothing....rumors have it that they are Supercharged, or have a v8, and i was even told that they only come in 2.2L but its all a LIE, there the same.

·
Registered
610 Posts
lol, i didnt know they came supercharged!!!
btw, have you guys seen the xtreme t-top concept in the gallery?

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
Yeah, Xtremes come with the body kits and the ZQ8 package. A normal ZQ8 truck is the same thing without the ground effects. Haha, I remember one day I was at the post office and my girlfriend waited in my truck. When I got back to the truck, my girlfriend said that the owner of a ford truck next to mine had asked her what size V8 was in my truck. She didnt answer him and let him think it was a V8. Whatever. Chevy should have offered a V8 in the S10, but didnt obviously for gas mileage requirements they have to meet.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
shit, chevy is always dead last when it comes to meeting gas mileage req's. i think they didnt put a V8 in an S-10 because they didnt want it to compete power-wise with their big trucks, but they could have made a limited edition, maybe a one-year-only SS with a 350 in it.

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
yea SSVortec i saw the concept w/ t-tops i love it that would be awesome! So would a supercharged extreme lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
haha, i always wanted t-tops, but then i wouldnt be able to use my third door :( and a supercharger would be lovely!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Personally, I'd rather have t-tops than my third door.

Shoot, forget supercharging the xtremes. They should have done a new school syclone!

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
They should have made a limited run of LS1 Xtremes...they wouldn't come close to competing witht he fullsize trucks in any way. Since they can't carry as much as a fullsize, and you can't tow with an Xtreme or ZQ8. Not to mention the smaller cab. I think the didn't do it because of the T/A, Z28, and the "almighty" Corvette. GM's philosophy with the Corvette has stunted every GM performance car/truck made for the past 30+ years. That's why the GN's, Syclones, etc. had to be underrated, and eventually killed because it took a few for the head guys to figure out that these cars/trucks were more powerful than the corvette.

The new GTO is rated at 340 hp, just below the Corvette because GM insists that the Corvette be the most powerful car they make. Same thing with the new SS, and the CTS V-series.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Zq8 Package - Do a Search, there is a list of what all the suspension pieces are. Basically, zq8 lowers the truck, stiffer springs, bigger sway bar in front, sway bar in back, and an additional frame crossmember that fits just behind the cab.

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
I put some zq8 sway bars on my 93. Here's the difference:

Front bar size comparison:

Rear bar addition (non-zq8 pickups don't have a rear sway bar)

·
Work In Progress
191 Posts
Why can you not tow with an xtreme? If it is set up the same there shouldent be a problem. Mine had a sticker on the rear bumper that said not to tow.

·
WHAT DO YOU WANT
1,249 Posts
Why can you not tow with an xtreme? If it is set up the same there shouldent be a problem. Mine had a sticker on the rear bumper that said not to tow.

it's just retarded isn't lol.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can you atleast pull a small trailer with, say, a lawn mower or something like that?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
you're not supposed to tow anything because the suspension is so weak in the back.....I've seen people do it, but most of the times they end up riding on the bumpstops in back or something stupid.....pretty comical, used to work for parts stores and see it all the time

Caleb

1 - 20 of 25 Posts