S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this as a reference, I found a company that makes a Xtreme faceplate for the intrument panel for the latemodel S10s.
This company is not new and I'm sure others have bought stuff from them, I'm just putting this here in case anyone else is looking for the same thing.
http://www.blackcatcustom.com/
Here's a pic of the faceplate.

Also, here's a pic of it installed in my truck at night.
My truck was running, so I couldn't hold the cam still, sorry for the quality.

I really like the faceplate, but the price hurt my wallet.
I've only ran into one issue with this, the tach and speedo seem to stick sometimes.
When I am accelerating, the speedo and tach don't keep up with my actualy speed/rpm.
I've taken it back out and reinstalled it, with the same issue.
When I put the faceplate on it has enough room to move around. I think I am going to take it back out, position it correctly and tape it in place.
It 'floats' until I snap the cover onto the gauge pod.
If anyone has installed a faceplate or seen this issue, please post suggestions.
Thanks,
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It is not just those gauges, it is every gauge. I have that same problem when my truck is cold. But when it is up to temp, the problem go away. I have just learned to deal with it. Small price to pay for the way it looks.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Yeah man those look awesome. Expensive though. Go good with my red truck. :)

·
Just order a large Farva
657 Posts
dont push the needles on so far when you put them back on....take two spoons place them on either side of the needles circular part and pry the needles up ...that should solve your problem...i had to do the same thing...i got that exact same faceplate too...i hated taking the entire thing apart again to fix it but it works

·
Just order a large Farva
657 Posts
pry them up a tiny bit...not so they come off just enough you can feel they moved some....thats all i've got...good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip!
You know how much of a pain the dash is to disassemble, so I will mess with it later.
That does make sense though!
-TheComputerGuy23

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got the exact same gauges, just loosen up the needles, unfortunately you might have to do it several times to get it right

·
Registered
18 Posts
i got the same gauges and same problem. but mine on the speed. side i had them but a chevy bowtie there and the tach has the xtreme logo. it looks damn good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
yea I had them put S-10 on the tach side and Xtreme on the speedo side

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got around to taking apart my dash.
I took the needles off of the tach and speedo.
I then put them back on, just barely pushing them back on, to where they would not fall off.
This fixed the problem, now the tach and speedo respond correctly.

Thanks for the info, just wanted to post a followup for anyone who is looking.
-TheComputerGuy23

1 - 10 of 10 Posts