S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Xtreme rims on a First Gen? HELP!?!

I plan on buying some 16 inch Xtreme rims. Right now ive got the stock 14's that came on my 93 s10. I shouldnt have any problems switching wheels, should i?? Is there anything i should know when switching??

Also, an unrelated question... my front brakes squeel purdy loudly. We've replaced the brake pads but it didnt help. I plan on cleaning them with a spray on cleaner this weekend when i have some time... but could it be anything else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some1 answer plz!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I believe you have to bore out the center of the rims a little so they fit... I don't know for sure, but I was thinking that other people have had problems w/ that. I think they said something on the 98+ doesn't stick out as far as the 97 and below, but I don't know what that something is.

DogP

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
yeah they have to be bored.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Xtreme Rims must be bored

When I went to put my X rims on, they wouldn't go on without being machined out. The hub on your truck has a lip around the center that won't allow the rims to mount up. I had the rims sent out to a shop that does repairs on rims, and they machined out the centers. It cost me $90.00 to have them done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the xtreme whels will fit pefict . you might need your rotors turned, by the way the front spindles and rearend and frame on the 1st gens are the same as the frames on the 2nd gens. to put it easy if you wanted to you could pop the body off a 99 s-10 and put it on an 84 frame

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some people are saying that they'll fit... others say they wont... is anyone absolutely sure about the situation with a 93 s10??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can tell you for sure that the centers will have to be bored out some to fit a 97 or older S-10, if you force them on, you will have a hell of a time getting them off. Some guys use a die grinder to enlarge the centerhole. The lug pattern is the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts