S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a major issue but the driver side of my x sits 1 inch lower then the passenger side.....i was going to lower it myself but the guy i'm gonna get to align it said he would do it for a reasonable price....the guy i'm having do it works at a fair size garage and i'm getting it done while there open (its not a side job) so I'm gonna have him look into it....think its a weaker spring or something? i measured it on level ground to make sure and its exactly an inch, not enough to really notice unless your looking for it and compare both sides....i wouldnt worry about it but i'm planning on getting wheels and stuff so i dont want this to cause a rub and it bugs me knowing it like that....anyones input on what the problem could be is greatly appreciated.....

·
Old Man
16 Posts
Xtreme problem

They sit lower due to the fuel tank is on the driver's side. If you take the tank full at 19 gallons x 7lbs. per gallon, go figure!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but it doesnt change from full to empty.....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i forgot to mention the front is resting on the bumpstop too:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check the suspension in the rear on the passangers side. The problem could be that the opposite corner is pushing up forcing the opposite corner down.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i found that out....the a$$ then i got the tires rotated decided that 38 lbs!!!! in the rear passenger and 29 in all the rest was what it was susposed to be.....i don't know who is dumber him or me for not checkin that...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why i'm on it what did you lowered xtreme guys do about the stock wheels rubbing the fenderlips when you turn and hit a bump?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i cut it down a little and that helped but it still rubs....not really much i can do is there besides deal with it eh?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
OK what is the part # and where do you get it from? Is Belltech
the only one who makes that spacer?

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i think so, cause minitruckin would have said more than just one name, as they do with other manufactures that they use in there articals. as for the only one who makes it, being belltech, i could be wrong though. www.minitruckinweb.com look for the section called "Mmmm Drop" there they use the products for m belltech and give you step by step instructions.

hope this helps out some more.:thumbup:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually you can pick up a spacer from pep boys and maybe salvo....usually those spacers are for a car or truck which the springs are worn out and dont hold the vehicle up the way it used to anymore.....but i would go with belltech they will make them to fit perfectly and raise the height to exact

Wicked X said:
OK what is the part # and where do you get it from? Is Belltech
the only one who makes that spacer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts