S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good touch up paint in a spray can to match an 01 Indigo Blue X?

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
I dont think it would be too good in a spray. I got a touch up bottle with the truck and it has a small brush to put it on.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
I was looking for touch up paint for the same exact truck as NorCal is talking about. Not trying to whore your thread, just saving the forum from another one. I dont need a spray, just in a bottle so I can touch up the side of my airdam...got a scrape in the side of it somehow. Can anybody recommend anything? Is the "GM match" blue paint at Autozone any good?

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
I might have an idea. Find a bare piece of metal and before you put that touch up paint on the truck try it on the piece of metal. After its dried put it next to the truck and see if it matches. Dont know if that sounds stupid or not.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
chris21014 said:
I might have an idea. Find a bare piece of metal and before you put that touch up paint on the truck try it on the piece of metal. After its dried put it next to the truck and see if it matches. Dont know if that sounds stupid or not.
I would do that even if it was a bottle of paint straight from GM. I was just wondering if there was anything like duplicolor or something like it at retail level that matches good to the GM Indigo Blue. I didnt want to go out and buy it find out it was junk.

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
You should definately double check the color on a piece of metal before you put it on your truck. According to GM paint codes, there are 5 different variations of the Indigo Blue. I had to repaint my air dam and also the hood and had to do the hood two times to get it to match up right. It was a flat out pain in the ass good luck anyways

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
you can go to the dealership and get touch-up paint too, normally that's one of the best matvhes, other than that some paint shops will custom-mix paint for you too

·
TO PUNISH & ENSLAVE
812 Posts
I have a bottle of the touch-up and it is the exact match to the Indigo Blue. I got it from the dealer. If you haven't gotten it already, bring in your VIN and they will give you the correct color touch-up.

~M~

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
ZonaXtreme said:
I have a bottle of the touch-up and it is the exact match to the Indigo Blue. I got it from the dealer. If you haven't gotten it already, bring in your VIN and they will give you the correct color touch-up.

~M~
exactly, the dealership will hook it up for ya if you bring your vin in, thats what i did and got the exact color for my truck in a lil touch up bottle

·
676 Posts
or you could also try this site: PaintScratch.com I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but i hear they sell good stuff and its an exact match. They also sell it by the spray can or a little touch-up pen. Just scroll like half way down the page and enter the year and make.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
i always just get mine from paint stores. any decent paint place should be able to do it and charge anywhere from 5-12 bucks for a little 3 ounce bottle.

·
TO PUNISH & ENSLAVE
812 Posts
Being the color Indigo Blue it's pretty easy to mess it up from aftermarket manufacturers. The touch-up paint is about $12, so it's 6 and one half dozen of the other. When you want the right thing, go to the horses' mouth. A lot less hassle.

~M~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts