S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after nearly a week of driving my Xtreme I've decided that it needs to be a bit lower. I've decided to go with spindles and 3 inch blocks. What I'm worried about is retaining the daily driviablity. I really don't want to tear up, or worse, tear OFF, my front spoiler. I'm also worried about general ground clearence issues such as clearing the tranny crossmember, side skirts, and engine crossmember. Are those of you with an additional 2/3 drop having serious issues with drivability? Again, I just want to keep my truck looking nice and in good condition. I'm sick of driving a vehicle with no practical ground clearence (my Camaro).

-Chris

·
low and slow
430 Posts
no problems with mine Ive hit the front a couple of times but it was my own fault, pullin in to fast and to strait not payin attention.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had some minor issues also like pulling into too steep of driveways too fast. I have an additional 2/3 with spindles and blocks. Like they say all trucks are different I think mine is lower than normal I have the stock 16's with 235-55's and my tires rub all the time.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98 SS ON NOS said:
ive done spindles and some with 3 inch springs and blocks
here is one with 3 inch springs and 3 inch blocks i did
What brand springs did you use? I'm real wary of using a cheap coil spring, especially since the truck rides and handles so well now.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i have 2 inch spindles and 3 inch coils up front, and 3 inch blocks out back, i dont scrape that much, just on dipps and stuff like that. Xtreme_21

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
any of you guys cut out the rear bump stops and brackets?? i want to but i dunno if i'll hit anything else like brake lines or something...i'm posting this everywhere and i havent got a responce yet....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just lowered mine this past weekend with spindles and 3" blocks. I have a 2001 X. I rubbed a couple of times on the way to the alignment shop but after the alignment it hasn't anymore. But it is low no doubt about it. My front air damn in 4 1/2" off the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts