S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would make a build thread were people could see my progress and I could ask questions as things are coming together. So here's the patient...

And here's a link to my other build thread in the member's projects section of the forum if people want to see what has been done to the truck so far: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/project-daily-driven-xtreme-430592/

And here's what came in today :D

L33 with 29k miles and a 4L60e with 40k miles on it

Other part's on the way:
- 98-99 F-Body manifolds
- Superior aluminum S10 V8 swap radiator
- Dorman 300-201 power steering pump pulley

And some other part's I've pulled so far from the junkyard...

- Blazer auto console
- Cable driven throttle body
- engine cover
- 4.3 throttle cable

·
Mr Cheech
2,399 Posts
L33 is a great choice!!!
310 hp, aluminum and LIGHT.

Good luck on your swap!
:)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gathering parts over the next 2 months and then the swap should start. Gotta get it finished this summer so I can get it back on the road for when I head back to college beginning of September. The plan for now is to just get the truck LS powered and then the go fast stuff can come next summer.

Next thing on the list is to drop an order with CPW for a wiring harness and some motor mounts. Then all that's really left to take care of is ordering my oil pan and exhaust system and some other small things like drive shaft, cross member, etc....

·
Banned
3,866 Posts
Cool I plan on starting mine around the first of July. I started with a short block & building it as I go,motor is pretty much done just need some more $ to buy sensors & such.

Pics are cool....more pics of motor please.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll post up some more pics in like a week when I get home from school, just finals week left and then it's home for the Summer! My dad actually snapped those pics for me when he went to pick it up. I imagine I'll be starting mine right around the same time as you in that case!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'm home for summer now, thank god! Unwrapped the engine to check it out, some pics...

799 Heads

Anyone ever used this compressor? Looks like it will work without hitting the UCA.

Little oil in the intake manifold it seems, I assume just from being moved around...

Anyone know what this is? Looks to be broken off...

Radiator and PS pump pulley came in, I'll post pics of those soon here.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any way to properly fix it or should I look for a new intake manifold?

Pic's or radiator and PS pump pulley, Radiator is a Superior Performance one that fits inside the radiator support without notching much like the CPW one, just doesn't have both the inlet/outlet on the same side, but it does have a built in trans cooler which is a +!

Dorman PS pump pulley...

·
Doing what GM should have
208 Posts
To fix the broken nipple for the brake booster just pop the old one off and get a new one, i don't exactly remember how i did mine i think you have to push in the red ring in and pull the nipple part out. The ring comes out with the nipple as well if i remember correctly the ring is the lock release.

·
Sold :'(
7,555 Posts
It's difficult to say for sure from your pic, but that broken piece on the back of your IM looks like a plug for what would normally be the vacuum port for the brake booster. If your engine came from a Tahoe/Yukon, it probably would've had a hydraulic brake booster, and that port on the IM would've just been plugged. Regardless, you're gonna need the port for your S10s brakes (unless you swap to hydroboost).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You would be correct sir, guy on LS1 tech told me the same thing. Thanks!

That radiator will require cutting I promise...it fits in a square body s10 but not a 94+
Good to know, just up in the corners of the radiator support I'm assuming? Where the CPW radiator has the round edges and these are square corners. The big thing for me really was not having to cut for the radiator cap.

Anybody know about the fitment on that AC compressor I posted above?

1 - 20 of 488 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.