S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does the truck handle at highway speeds? Meaning at high speeds is the truck hold traction well?, obviously on dry road. Also meaning with the stock tires. what are the stock tires rated at?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
stock tires are rated at 97 mph, thats why the cutoff for the speed limiter is around there. i drive my truck on stock tires well over 100 mph going to school every day for over a 15 minute period, no problems in handling or tires blowing out, but if u buy one, get a hpp111 for it and remove the speed limiter

·
Registered
25 Posts
T Rated?

My truck has T rated tires, which I thought came on the other trucks w/ZQ8, maybe just mine? But the T rating is supposed to be 118.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how does the truck pull at highway speeds, does it have good mid range and high end all the way up to the limiter

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with the hpp111. how come you can only get the limiter to 128?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i dont trust my truck on the stock 235/55's at over 90 but i'm a lil over cautious sometimes....

i am batman

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
catfish said:
well just like any other motor, it's got an max rpm limit. i'f you run it too fast you can blowup something...bearings, valves... etc.

and from what i've been told increasing the speed limiter will give you a higher speed but it could also incease wear and tear to your engine, if you run your engine at that speed all the time. it's a trade off.

·
Registered
211 Posts
catfish said:
it is supposed to be 128 MPH for 3.42 gears... I have 3.08s. :D A little math... 3.42/3.08 = 1.11 1.11* 128 = about 142 I know it would be fun to have more power off the line, but I like the fact that I am more setup to race/dog fight rice rockets. Yes yes I know... I might not have the power to pull to 142 MPH... but give me a little time. When I am done with my trucks I will get a nice "RICE GRINDER" decal for the back. All in due time

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
It does not work that way, 128mph is for all trucks. rear does nor make a diff.:bash: But i recomend that you put on a good set of speed rated tires at least 1 or 2 sizes larger.:angel:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well... jet makes a shift kit for "most trucks" that "eleminates the speed limiter." I don't think I will need one though, due to the fact that I plan on leaving my 4.3 stock, then in a garage. I want to do a V8 swap.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well just so everyone knows? the 01 blazer x has h rated tires. so it's supposedly good up to 134, at least that's what the hpp3 said. It's pretty quiet up above 85(2550 rpm) on stock tires, or maybe it's all that dynamat who knows?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.