S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
now XTREME
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my new neibor were talking for the 1st time tonight hes got a fricken typhoon luck... were were checking out each others truck mine being an SS well we go on the topic of the SPECIAL s-10's like the (ss,phoon,clone,zq,andX" but he also said chevy man like a gen 1 with a body kit it was VERY low production just trying to c if this is true because i never heard of it?

·
bank owned
3,015 Posts
I think he's talking about the Chevy Cameo S10. If I remember correctly it didn't have a body kit, just a Syclone/Sonoma GT front bumper cover.

:edit: I looked it up, and yeah it does have a kit on it and the bumper cover was different than the Syclone/Sonoma GT cover. Check out the link.
http://www.s10cameo.com/

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The only truck that was a one of a kind as far as a 1st Gen or
maybe there was two or so, was the Marlboro truck/trucks.

There's also a Marlboro Typhoon as I just saw a pic of one.
But I'm not sure if these are the trucks your friend was talking
about.

·
now XTREME
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no the marbrol syclone is like a 100,000 truck only 6 of them made i believe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, the 1st gen truck he is talking about is a Cameo. I have one and am looking to get rid of it. You think your neighbor would want it? :p

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
There were ten (10) Marlboro Syclones given away.

He is talking about the S-10 Cameo. There were a few variants, but the model with the full ground effects kit is pretty rare. I think they all got the same front and rear bumpers, but only one year had the full cladding kit. I think there was only a little under 200 made that year.

There was also the 1992 Sonoma GT which was produced in low numbers as well. It had the Syclone front bumper and roll pan, but had a less agressive body kit. I believe the production numbers are a little above 800. Unlike the Cameo, the Sonoma GT got Syclone interior (except Syclone embrodiery on the seats). This included a floor shifter, black clothe seats and door panels with red piping, and a custom instrument cluster, minus the turbo boost gauge.

S-10 Cameo.

cameo.gif

Sonoma GT.
sonomagt.jpg

·
I need a job, No one hire
365 Posts
Where could one find that cameo kit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only part of the kit that I have found is the front bumper. I am not sure if you can buy the rest as far as after-market stuff goes. I haven't looked really, really hard for it, but I have looked a little. Most guys just keep an eye out for someone parting out a Cameo on Ebay or they just buy the whole truck if they can find one. I might have to put mine on Ebay or on here if this guy can't get the money to buy mine. I will let you guys know...

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
Someone used to make a body kit that was very close to the Cameo's. I forgot a few years ago, and have been trying to find out who that company was for awhile as they also make some decent side skirts for a four door first generation S-series. :rant:

If you find out who it is, let me know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had owned one of the full model cameos(full kit, low numbers) it was an awesome truck, and one hell of an eye turner to the right enthusiast.

·
broke ass MOFO
164 Posts
bg's said:
The only truck that was a one of a kind as far as a 1st Gen or
maybe there was two or so, was the Marlboro truck/trucks.

There's also a Marlboro Typhoon as I just saw a pic of one.
But I'm not sure if these are the trucks your friend was talking
about.

i wonder where you would find one of them to buy now-a-days either the clone or the phoon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts